ADA Preamps > MP-2

My Trusty MP-2

<< < (2/5) > >>

Soloist:
Man I like those shoes. You get your own light show and provides light on the pedal board on a dimly lit stage! :thumb-up:

StillClimbing:
Dang Dante... that sounds good. You are like a stellar combination of Billy Duffy & Revenge of the Nerds. Those shoes  :thumb-up: are total rock

I thought I read where the MP2 didn't have good pick attack but I could hear you crisp & clear.

Dante:
I just realized that's my MP-1 Classic in that vid.  :facepalm:

Pulled my MP-2 out of storage, hooked it to a 1x12 cab and turned it on. It works! However, there is a jumpy signal....something is loose. I found it (i hope):
Speaker jack in the cab was loose
FX loop in/out jacks were loose on the MP-2
Suspect a bad cable between the preamp and poweramp, swapped that out

Seems to be working now, but I think I heard a couple small volume jumps while playing. Gimme a couple days to try it out, see what's going on.

That said, it's not as noisy as I remember, and I'm using voicing #8 for my 'ultra' sound. That's encouraging. Stay tooned, I'll report back after I play around a bit

Dante:
I'm back. I'll be playing the MP-2 a bit more today but I definitely hear volume fluctuations in voicing #8 (dynamic high gain). I plan on trying some other voices too see if it's just that one

The fluctuations are not gradual, they are very sudden. This makes me suspect something loose (again). This poor unit has been rattled a bunch, not surprising I find all these loose bits.

Harley Hexxe:
I hope it's nothing like lifted traces

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version