Non ADA Gear > Effects

Soundlab SST 19 (Nobels SST 19) Broken

<< < (2/8) > >>

vansinn:
Yeah, I was close to buying one many years ago.
I had communication with the owner and designer.
It's fairly uncomplicated, build from ordinary electronics, and can be repaired.
I'll need to extract these communications from a backup - may even have schematics, don't remember; well, this I'll do anyways for some other data needed, so will try to get this done.

IIRC, outputs are driven from an ordinary opamp; mmnn.. maybe a TL07x/8x series.. could be the only thing defect. Don't remember where in the chain the output level potmeter is located, but it's an old carbon-trace thingy, so.. easily checked.
Mmnn. I also seem to remember both inputs and outputs are clamped with diodes to protect against too high levels; check those too.
That's all I can remember ATM.

rabidgerry:
Hey MJMP, of course I can let you know what happens once the beast arrives.  MJMP You may not have found anything on the unit as I put in the wrong model number in the topic heading, see very bottom of this post man  :thumb-up:

Hey Richard,  I hope I aint insane.  This is a relic, and would practically take care of all my Rockman needs (no more hunting for over priced Rockman modules) so it's worth the gamble I think.  It surely is a rare piece.

Hey Van,  holy smokes!  Man if you have any info, that would be great.  A schematic would be great also, I know MJMP can read them ( :lol: as I cannot and I'm sure a few of you can also  :thumb-up:).  Much appreciated if you go to that length to get me some info  :bow: :bow: :bow:

I don't think this unit should be in too bad a condition, it was working perfectly as I said up until, well pretty much when I asked the original owner to use/test the rear input to see if it was ok (he said he only ever used the front and something didn't feel right when he plugged into the rear.)

Look someone has one with an MP1 https://www.musiker-board.de/attachments/20140725_190419-jpg.357736/
edit: can one of you lovely administrators edit the name of this thread for me please?  I put in the model number wrong it should be "Soundlab SST 19 (Nobels SST 19)"

MarshallJMP:
Ah now I find more of these. Seems to be digitally controlled (saw some midi connectors on the back) so it might be more complicated then you might think?

rabidgerry:
I didn't say it would be easy, hell it might not be possible for all I know, I'll need plenty of help no doubt, but I think worth the gamble.

rnolan:
Hey RG, it looks like it will fill the bill  :thumb-up: . I remember when the Rockman stuff came out, the music shop had a rack of all the units, way above what I could afford, it cost me $800 AUD for the X100, but then came the MP1....

So if it worked fine until using rear jack, maybe it's as simple as cleaning/replacing the jack ? It will no doubt be a switching jack and they do gum up and cause issues.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version