Non ADA Gear > Amps

NAD: Peavey JSX

<< < (2/5) > >>

Kim:

--- Quote from: rnolan on April 04, 2018, 03:50:55 AM ---Wow, a built in DI/Cab sim box, cool.  The speaker label is confusing though. So I guess it has 4 x 16ohm 12s in a parallel/series combination and the whole box is 16ohm and the 2nd (parallel) jack is for another 16ohm cab (amp then sees 8ohms)

--- End quote ---

I believe so.  And the amp also has a pair of parallel Output jacks and a switch to select 16, 8, 4 ohms.  So maybe it can run a total of four 16-ohm cabs with the switch set at 4-ohms?   >:D  I sure don't need to do that!   :o

Dante:
MATH!

i hate it - knokitoff wit all that math

rnolan:
Kind of necessary maths for a guitarist LoL so you don't blow shit up.  Mmm 4 x 16ohm cabs  >:D :headbanger: :whoohoo!:

Chip Roberts:
Oh man how badly I was pining for one of these bad boys when they came out.  If I remember correctly, this was more or less a souped up Triple X, right?  I loved the 3 channels - all of my contemporaries favored the 6505, but the thing only had 2 channels and sounded no-good at low volume.
The JSX had plenty of gain on tap and mounds of features.  I envy you, sir.

Kim:

--- Quote from: Chip Roberts on April 05, 2018, 01:23:25 PM ---If I remember correctly, this was more or less a souped up Triple X, right? 
--- End quote ---

IIRC, it was based off the Triple X which btw was originally designed for George Lynch to be his signature amp to endorse, but somewhere along the way before actual production the deal fell through so it was released as just the Triple X.

The way I understand it is that the Clean and Ultra channels are the same between the two amps while the Crunch channel of the JSX has a "more mids" type of sound than the Triple X Crunch.   Truth be told, I haven't even tried the Ultra channel on mine yet because I need to replace the busted toggle switch in order to access that (and because of that is why I got such a screaming deal on the price)  I'll also tell you that the Youboob videos of this amp do it no justice...this things RIPS even in Crunch mode.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version