Non ADA Gear > Amps

NAD: Peavey JSX

(1/5) > >>

Kim:
I've been wanting one of these for some time now, mostly just for studio work.  But hey....who knows, right?  I got a GREAT deal on this halfstack, too.

I'm not a huge fan of Mr. Satriani, but I certainly do respect his work so this being his "signature" amp for a brief time had no bearing on why I wanted it.  Tell ya why I wanted it:  the specs/features.   :thumb-up:

All tube: 4 12ax7 preamp tubes and 4 EL34 power tubes.
Footswitchable 3 channels: Clean, Crunch, and Ultra.
Fully adjustable Noise Gate on board for the OD channels.
Can use EL34 (from factory) or 6L6GC power tubes (and a few of their cousins like KT77 and such), and has an external bias pot and range switch.
Made in USA.
Designed by James Brown (no, not that James Brown) who worked closely with EVH to dial in and design the legendary 5150/6505 amps, the Classic series amps including the rack poweramps, the Triple X amps, then JSX, etc.   (James has his own company now known as Amptweaker, btw)
Independent volume knobs for each Channel and one Master Volume.
3-band EQ on each channel; Active EQ for OD channels and passive EQ for Clean channel.
Separate Fat switches on the OD channels.
Global Resonance and Presence controls.

And the matching JSX cab came with, and........ATA flight cases!  :o   (I think I actually bought the flight cases and got a free Peavey JSX halfstack thrown in....)

Boy, I'm gonna be busy experimenting with this.   :whoohoo!:

rnolan:
Very nice Kim  :thumb-up: :whoohoo!:

Dante:
DAYUMMM, that is a nice rig. What're you gonna do with that? You already have your rack rig ;)

Kim:

--- Quote from: Dante on April 01, 2018, 09:56:15 AM ---DAYUMMM, that is a nice rig. What're you gonna do with that? You already have your rack rig ;)

--- End quote ---

The Rig of Fire (rack rig) is the rig that stays at the band's rehearsal studio and gets gigged with. This JSX is staying at home for my recording projects because I have so many options to use with different poweramp tubes, pedals, etc. for whatever I come up with.

The JSX cab will handle 400 watts (so should last forever) and even has an XLR DI on the back, should I ever want to just hit the "Easy" button. Attached is a pic that I grabbed from the web....

rnolan:
Wow, a built in DI/Cab sim box, cool.  The speaker label is confusing though. So I guess it has 4 x 16ohm 12s in a parallel/series combination and the whole box is 16ohm and the 2nd (parallel) jack is for another 16ohm cab (amp then sees 8ohms)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version