Other ADA Gear > Step On It!

Making a Snakecharmer Footswitch

<< < (2/4) > >>

MarshallJMP:
if it's a momentary switch, then yes.

Dante:
Like this? https://www.ebay.com/p/Alpinetech-LXL30-Green-30mm-Momentary-Push-Button-Switch-Illuminated-120v-LED-No/1757745721?iid=321713304316

They come in RED and GREEN, how cool would that be?

I swear, I feel like the only guy in the world with a Viper that doesn't have a footswitch.  :-\

Dante:
You guys are not going to believe this...but... you can use a regular ADA Quad switch as a pedal for this amp!!!!

Just for shits and giggles, I plugged my Quad switch into the amp. It was set on toggle, not momentary, and the four switches were changing channels. However, they would also automatically turn on the boost. With some trial & error, I figured out that if you set switches 1&3 to momentary, and 2&4 to toggle, you can switch channels with Button 2 and turn the boost on/off with Button 4. HOW FRICKEN COOL IS THAT?

Now, I'll buy another Quad switch and rip out the innards to put it into a 2-button housing I already have.

Kim:

--- Quote from: Dante on January 21, 2018, 10:29:34 AM ---You guys are not going to believe this...but... you can use a regular ADA Quad switch as a pedal for this amp!!!!

Just for shits and giggles, I plugged my Quad switch into the amp. It was set on toggle, not momentary, and the four switches were changing channels. However, they would also automatically turn on the boost. With some trial & error, I figured out that if you set switches 1&3 to momentary, and 2&4 to toggle, you can switch channels with one button and turn the boost on/off with the other button. HOW FRICKEN COOL IS THAT?

Now, I'll buy another Quad switch and rip out the innards to put it into a 2-button housing I already have.

--- End quote ---

Another Win for Dante!    :whoohoo!:    Good thing those Quad switches are fairly plentiful.  Well, at least far more plentiful than the actual Snake Charmer footswitch.  Reverb.com always seems to have 3-4 available.

Dante:
UPDATE: I have tried all other combinations with the little switches in the Quad switch to change the buttons from latching to momentary. The only combination that works with the Viper is the 2&4 set to toggle (1&3 set to momentary). BTW: I took my Quad switch apart to peek inside...There is a big ol' PCB inside the Quad switch and it's about as big as the housing...yer not gonna put that in a smaller pedal housing.

I already bought a Quad switch on Reverb. When it gets here, I will desolder buttons 1&2 and put tape over the holes, leaving me with a 2-button switch in a big housing. So what, it works. I've been jamming all evening and it works like a charm! Who knew?

It's actually better than a 4-button switch, because A) it takes up less space on a pedal board, and B) it's way more efficient using two buttons instead of four.

I set my amp boost to be a 'slight' volume boost and use my Nova System's boost for big solos. Great to have a couple options.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version