Other ADA Gear > Combo Amps

NGD: Super Clean VIPER!!

<< < (2/8) > >>

tomy:
hi Dante,
Couple month ago i got an ada viper too (70 bucks :metal:), amazing how those units looks good even after 25 years !
actually i'm using it with a boss ME-x pedalboard, you got all the delay/flanger/chorus/EQ...  whatever modulations.

but you also got 3 free spaces for your stomps too.

it works pretty well for me, you should check

tomy

Dante:
$70!?!?  You sir, are a THIEF. That's a steal. Nice score  :thumb-up:

Thanks Tomy, I did seriously consider that. They sound great for f/x and are rock solid for gigging. However, I'm going to explore using my iPad mini first to create a high-tech option that could also be run directly into the board. It'll save me some floorspace too. If that doesn't work, or if it turns out to be too much of a pain to use at a show, I'll go with the simple ME-x unit. Very reliable stuff and programmable. That works.

I bought one of these foot pedals for my iPad. Cost under $15 with shipping

Dante:
BUMP. Gonna try the iPod Touch with the 4 button USB switch that is on it's way. ALSO gonna try the TC Electronic Nova System I just picked up  :thumb-up:

I used one of these with my Boogie combo & it was quite nice. I have been getting reacquainted with the manual tonight and now remember why I liked it so much. The spillover delays are great, the simply access of presets and the easy way to turn individual FX on/off in a patch are all great features. The effects are also TOP NOTCH, which is nice ;)

I have an old pedal board that I made from plywood and a suitcase out of a thrift shop. I'm gonna repurpose that for this rig. I can fit the wah on the board, but not while playing, I just store it on the board for travel then take it off and have it next to my other pedals. I'll post a pic of the board when i have it all together. Pretty simple setup though, just a switch for the amp, the Nova system for FX, and a wah.

The Nova is like having (up to) 7 stompboxes per preset, it's pretty cool. One thing i forgot - the buttons change settings on RELEASE, not when you push them. It's actually quite handy that way...you hold the button until the magic moment and release it for instant tone change.

Dante:
IT'S HEEEERE!!!

The Viper arrived at work today and I couldn't wait for quitting time to get home and try her out. Within minutes of arriving at home, i had a beer popped and the Viper plugged in  :thumb-up:

First impressions: Love the clean. Love the Lead. Love the Crunch...wait, I can get that crunch using the Brown - awesome! Very versatile, sounds big and boomy like my ol' Mesa Boogie DC-5 in the Grind with the emulation on, but I don't have to fiddle with the knobs to get a good sound. It sounds good FLAT LINED on the EQ. Love that. The boost is crazy loud, the Lead channel has more gain than a 3tm (I have no way of confirming this), and it's WAY lighter than my ol' Boogie. Basically, I got my Boogie back, with a MUCH easier EQ to dial in.

Love. It. Already.

I will be noodling all night with this thing, and I'll record a sound clip for y'all.

Update: Hooked up the Nova System, and it sounds amazing. I'm really only using the Reverb and the Grind voicing. Clean is also very nice, almost as warm as the MP-2, warmer than the MP-1 Classic for sure...probably warmer than the stock MP-1 too. Not sure what's going on in there, but yeah, it is a nice clean. Not crazy about the reverb, so I'm using my Nova for that.

Ideally, I'd like a footswitch that could access all the voicings, I don't care about the boost, I have that in the Nova System.

These are the options:

Green Channel
Clean (very clean, very warm)
Crunch (gets great overdrive, goes all the way to hot rodded plexi)

Red Channel
Vintage (more to come)
Brown (more to come, but I can easily capture the Crunch tone with this voicing)
Grind  (HOT Marshall sound - speaker emulation can get you to Boogie realm)
Lead (from MP-1 to 3TM)

That would be a 6 button switch, but i could totally get along with a 5-button and just use the Clean Green and all the RED voicings. That's the ideal foot switch. Here are my settings (right now):

Green
Drive = 5
Bass = 3
Mid = 5.5
Treb = 6
Master = 4

Red (Grind)
Drive = 7
Bass = 5
Mid = 3
Treb = 6
Master = 2

No boost, no Reverb (Nova system does this)

Gate = 7.5
Presence = 6.5

Varicab = 2x10 / Dark
Thump = 5
Hi-Cut = 8

tomy:
Hi Dante,

You're like a child in front of his christmas pack  :banana-trip:

I sold my others combos since I got this one (definitely like clean chanel)

here is my setting too, let's compare

--- Quote from: Dante on January 13, 2018, 01:14:31 PM ---$70!?!?  You sir, are a THIEF. That's a steal. Nice score  :thumb-up:

--- End quote ---

I'm no thief, just paid the price asked and get lucky that time. the seller told me : "you're the 20th guys calling today for this amp but you're the only one saying "hello... please... thank you..." so I'm gonna sell it to you, man !" that is what is all about !

Amazing how words can produce some magic, isn't it ?

Tomy

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version