Miscellaneous > Trendz Magazines and Other ADA Publications

Dutch Music Maker MP-2 review from april 1994

<< < (2/4) > >>

MarshallJMP:
That's true ,but on the other hand the dollar lost a lot of it's value compared to the 90's.

NeverAfter:
It's probably apples and oranges, but the fact remains it was worth the money back then and it is definitely worth the money today!

MarshallJMP:
Yes it was,it costed more then a month's pay back then.But i enjoyed it ever since.Been playing ADA's for 25 years now.

rnolan:
When MP1 came out then later MP2 I didn't even blink, I wanted them both, just such good preamps and solved lots of issues for me.

NeverAfter:
I started my rack adventure by running a Jackson JX3 into a marshall JCM800 solid state combo. If you think the MP's are noisy, give the JX3 a try! Later I bought a used marshall 8004 valvestate and a 1922 cabinet. I switched the JX3 for a Hafler Hellraiser preamp and not much later I bought my MP-2. By the time I could afford a tube power amp a friend of mine had just bought a MP-1, Marshall 20/20 and mesa 2x12 v30 cabinet which he left at my house over the weekend to play around with. Although I liked the sound of the MP-1, I prefered the versatility of my MP-2. I was able to compare the marshall 20/20 with a Mesa 20/20 and the first sounded very Marshall to me, it had deeper lows but was also very marshall colored. The Mesa is more transparent and after the deep mod very well balanced so I decided the Mesa was the way to go! I would someday like to add a MP-1 to my collection though.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version