Let's Get Technical > Power Amp Tech

B200s Question?

<< < (2/2)

rnolan:
From what Steve said, both A or B work fine as long as only A out or B out is being used (so inputs are ok, as are each output (A & B) individually), but when he has both cabs connected (A & B outs) it cuts out. Well that's my current take on it. So the B200s will detect there is nothing plugged into one of it's outputs (A or B) and shut it down.  What "seems" to be happening in Steve's is when there is a jack in both A & B outs (which both work fine independently, Steve correct me if I'm wrong here !! i.e. all leads are good etc. A to cab 1 (nothing in B)  :thumb-up: , B to cab 2 (nothing in A)  :thumb-up: both  A & B then connected, no sound  :facepalm: ), it shuts both channels down.

rnolan:
Hey Steve, when you opened it up, there should be 3 small pcbs (input pots, input jacks, output jacks), do any of these show any signs of being worked on ?? (solder joints look a bit different etc, flux deposits any where ?) ?? Coz this is weird, it should just work fine... unless someone changed something (input or output) to make it run mono ?? B200s are not meant to be bridged in mono, but maybe someone has tried ??

RandallRG:
FIXED IT!  :whoohoo!: (LOL) Traced it down to one of my "patch" cords (being bad) that I was using from my MP-1 to my B200s. It was bad I plugged another one in & BOOM it works Awesome! Rich your not kidding the Chorus sounds KILLER now! I believe you said the best way to run the volume on these is setting the volume on A&B to around 6-7 or around 3:00 (the headroom is pretty big with these right?) on the B200s & work the volume through my MP1...right? Thanks again for the help/input guys I appreciate it!  :metal:

rnolan:
Cool  :whoohoo!: . Seems MJMP had it nailed  :bow: input problem, though from what you posted ( A & B worked fine independently, so I ruled that out). Anyway great your up an running.

I have 2 schools of thought re poweramp settings, in PA context I turn them up full/max (so maximum headroom). With guitar rack rigs I tend to vary power amp from about 12 o'clock (good quietish starting point) to around 2/3/4 o'clock (depends on stage etc.). What is important is to fine tune your tones at very loud (stage) volumes and then turn them down (preamp or poweramp). The audio engineer in me says turn power amp up full and adjust at MP1, though many years of experience says (this is once you've got your sounds tweaked for live stage vols), you can back off the power amp to suit. But hey hey 6 - 7 should sound good (though may upset the neighbors LoL, done a bit of that in my time...)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version