ADA Depot - A Forum To Support Users of ADA Amplification Gear

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need a Schematic? Check the Vault *MP-1 Classic Schematics Just Added!!

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: And another  (Read 8226 times)

rnolan

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
And another
« on: Time Format »

One more
Studio Rig: Stuff; Live Rig: More Stuff; Guitars: A few

nomorepeople

Re: And another
« Reply #1 on: Time Format »

I like the chill/psychedelic, Jane's Addiction-ish vibe of this song.  The mixing is really good, with the sitar and all.  What tones are you using here?

rnolan

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
« Reply #2 on: Time Format »

Hey NMP, do you mean in The Train ? (as I don't recall any sitar in Anchors  Away  :dunno: ) So assuming you do, and glad you like it BTW  O:-)
That's my old rhythm patch (from MP2 patches) (http://adadepot.com/index.php?topic=126.0)
Lead Patch (used to be my main rhythm patch), the singer added the sitar afterward (using my Korg Triton Le) and redid the vocals with a Rode NT1, apart from that it's all live and I spent a little time (not allot) mixing it.  I wrote it in a break between songs, I was just doodling around, and we just recorded it pretty much straight away.
Voice    9 Ultra High Gain
Drive    70
OD    100
Master    77
Comp    Out
Lo     +2
Mid    -6
Hi     +6
Pres    +6
100 Hz    0
170     +2
280    -6
470    -2
800    -2
1.3kHz    -2
2.2    -4
3.8     +2
6.3    -2
Wah    Out
Trem    Out
NR    In, Fader, Thres 25
Chorus    In Depth 100, rate 0.0
EffLoop    Out

Slimjim

• ADA Since 1987
    • YouTube
« Reply #3 on: Time Format »

This track would be perfect at any number of our local beachside haunts. It has the relaxed vibe. If this is original, I imagine the covers are killer. I will listen on my PC again. Cool song, kinda my alt-rock mentality.
Les Paul Traditional, ES-335 Lemonburst, Explorer 120, Ibanez UV77 SVR, Suhr PT Sig Std, Rickenbacker 620-12, ESP E-II M-II, Fender H.E.R. Stratocaster, Xaviere XV-900, Buscarino,  
Peavey Classic 50/50, Mesa Stereo 2:100, Marshall EL34 50/50, Marshall JMP, Victoria Sovereign, Victoria Victorilux
________
Sound Sculpture Switchblade GL (x2), Eventide Orville, Eventide H8000fw, TC Electronic 1210, Great River MP2-NV, Phoenix Audio DRS-Q4, Dave Hill Designs Europa 1(x2), UK Sound 1173
_______
Fireface UC, Fireface UFX, Hosa Format Converters
______
Fishman Tripleplay, Spectrasonics Keyscape, Omnisphere, Italo DeAngelis Sound Library
_____
Surface Pro 4, FL Studio 20, EZD2.0, Fabfilter ProQ2, Gullfoss, Waves CLA-3A, CLA-2A, CLA-76, API-2500, SSL G-Series Comp

MarshallJMP

• Superhero Member
    • marshalljmpmodshop.net
« Reply #4 on: Time Format »

Yes this is a nice song  :thumb-up:

Dante

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
  • Nothing more uncommon than common sense
    • The Best Cover Band In Sacramento
« Reply #5 on: Time Format »

Very nice indeed  :thumb-up:

I was going to suggest a big metal guitar solo, but I see now that we are missing the spinning hair emoji we had on the old Depot  :'(

I'll have to go find that :ada-big:

rnolan

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
« Reply #6 on: Time Format »

Hey Slimjim yes all original.  So Anchors Away posted in this topic was (for my part) all MP2 with my standard clean patch, Anderson with ultrasonic PUs, neck PU switched series and middle PU switched parallel.  IIRC apart from the main vox (maybe overdub with NT1 ??, if not it was just live with a 58), it was all live and one take.  The only covers we did in that band (Rain) were just to have fun and warm up a bit at rehearsals, favs were Burn, You Fool No One (nice 9th vox harmonies) stuff like that. It was a fun band... and the drummer and I are both Deep Purple nuts...

@Dante, a decent solo on the end would be good, the (kind off) one I did was all a bit plucky and clean.  The idea was there but I was never really happy with it.  If/when I get the recording stuff going again (that PC is dead  :facepalm: ) I should try to fix it up a bit.

The one NMP was talking about was (I think) The Train as it's got the sitar bits in it

Dante

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
  • Nothing more uncommon than common sense
    • The Best Cover Band In Sacramento
« Reply #7 on: Time Format »

Richard,

I was just kiddin' about the solo, being as sarcastic as I always am. BUT! I did find the spinning hair emoticon! 

:headbanger:

rnolan

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
« Reply #8 on: Time Format »

So to continue the theme to this thread, here's another mp3 (Cold Comfort).  Neil (singer acc guit) sent me a text the other day saying he listened to this at VOLUME and complemented the guitar (always nice  ::) ).  So this was with my Epiphone SG in dropped D, IIRC with the original PUs (it now has Gibson 57 reissues), MP2 cab em outs, probably the same patch as The Train. So if you can, turn this one up loud for best affect.

Harley Hexxe

• Superhero Member
« Reply #9 on: Time Format »

Hey Richard,

Cool tune :thumb-up: You got that 80's Skid Row kind of lead tone going there MUY Bueno!

Harley 8)
I only have two brain cells left, ...and I'm saving them for the weekend!

rnolan

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
« Reply #10 on: Time Format »

Thanks Harley  :headbanger:

rabidgerry

• Superhero Member
  • HEAVY METAL
    • Rabid Bitch of the North band facebook
« Reply #11 on: Time Format »

Didn't realise this was 5 years ago, but I decided to listen through the tracks anyways Richard.

Anchors Away

Nice clean tones.  When was this recorded?

I'll check the others too!
"whadda ya want? we want Heavy Metal"

Guitars:1986 Westone Dimension IV, 1989 Korean Squier Fat Strat Silver Series, 1998 Korean Squier Fat Strat, MIM Fender Fat Strat - FR, Squier Stagemaster Deluxe - Thru Neck x 2, Squier Stagemaster 22 Fret - 1st Gen, 1999 Squier Showmaster - Anniversary Edition, Squier Showmaster, Tokai FV40 Flying V

Effects:  Ada Mp1, Peavey Rockmaster, Boss GX700 Boss SX700 * Amps:   Rocktron Velocity 300 - Koch ATR4502 - Peavey Classic 50/50
Cabs: 4 x Bugera 2 x 12"
Midi Controller: Behringer FCB1010

rnolan

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
« Reply #12 on: Time Format »

Hey RG, Anchors Away was recorded in my lounge room around 2004.  The Train was a little bit later when we were recording in a room at the drummers house, it started as me doodling between songs and the band liked it so we wrote and recorded it in about 10 minutes.  Cold Comfort was around the same time as Anchors Away.  Pro Tools on a Win98 box.  Broken English (attached) is from this period also.

rnolan

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
« Reply #13 on: Time Format »

One Step was one of the first we did after I got the Pro Tools set up happening.  I was living on my own so converted part of the lounge/dinning room into a studio set up.  This again came from me doodling after I'd given a guy a guitar lesson.
Pages: [1]   Go Up