ADA Depot - A Forum To Support Users of ADA Amplification Gear

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need a Schematic? Check the Vault *MP-1 Classic Schematics Just Added!!

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Is the MP-1 becoming collectable? Prices seems to be going up...  (Read 1535 times)

D-Man

Hey y'all,

I wanted to get some feedback on ADA MP-1 availability and pricing.

I had been looking for one on a number of sites (Reverb, Ebay, Amazon, and anywere else a google search would find one) and there don't appear to be many on the market.  I eventually found one on Ebay in Europe that was 220V (that I wanted) and it looked in reasonable condition.  Seemed pricey at ~AUD$900 including shipping but I got desperate and bought it (no regrets lol).

There's a good condition unit on Gumtree (Australia) at the moment complete with foot controller priced at AUD$1200.  Others on Reverb are higher at around AUD$1500 and then there's Bill Corgan's going for AUD$6000!!!! (tell him he's dreaming...)

I have not seen an MP-2 for sale either (yet...)

How is pricing and availability locally elsewhere?

Cheers

« Last Edit: Time Format by D-Man »

rnolan

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member

Hey D-Man, the prices do seem to be continually going up, good if you want to sell one, no so much if you want to pick one up.  MP-2s don't seem to come up very often.  For me $500 AUD (with MXC pedal pack) is a reasonable price point, well it used to be, not so sure these days  :dunno: .  Pardon my ignorance, but who is Bill Corgan? and what's so special about his MP-1 to make it $6k?
Studio Rig: Stuff; Live Rig: More Stuff; Guitars: A few

MarshallJMP

• Superhero Member
    • marshalljmpmodshop.net

I think it's the guitar player from the Smashing Pumpkins??

Dante

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
  • Nothing more uncommon than common sense
    • The Best Cover Band In Sacramento

Yeah guys, that's who he is - haha

Billy Corgan. Epic gains, check out his stuff. You probably already know the music

Still, I won't pay $6k for any MP-1

They are definitely continuing to climb. As Richard says, good if you're looking to sell, but good luck finding one. I'm hanging on to the MP-2 and MP-1 Classic i have.

I keep debating buying another MXC, but I also keep fixing mine so it's not really an issue. Someday, I'll use metal buttons and be done with it...whoops, off topic now....ramblin ramblin ramblin

Harley Hexxe

• Superhero Member

Hey D-Man,

Everything is going up these days. ADA gear has been on the rise for quite some time now, but seems to have accelerated a bit more in recent weeks.

Occasionally, MP-2's do pop up but the prices I've seen for them on Reverb is pretty much what they sold for when they were new. Not something I find reasonable for a 30+ year old piece of equipment. I guess it depends on how much someone wants something and is willing to pay for it.

It doesn't matter if a MP-1 belonged to Billy Corgan or not, it's definitely not worth what that joker is asking for it.

Harley 8)
I only have two brain cells left, ...and I'm saving them for the weekend!

D-Man

Thanks all, taking comfort I didn't overpay and, in any case, gigged with the unit for the first time last night and it was great.

Yes, Billy pulled some good Pumpkin tones, but the $5k premium for his greasy fingerprints over the front panel is too much...

rnolan

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member

(gigged with the unit for the first time last night and it was great.) Ahh brings back memories when I first started using MP-1,  :whoohoo!:
Studio Rig: Stuff; Live Rig: More Stuff; Guitars: A few

MarshallJMP

• Superhero Member
    • marshalljmpmodshop.net

It doesn't matter if a MP-1 belonged to Billy Corgan or not, it's definitely not worth what that joker is asking for it.

Harley 8)

+1 :thumb-up:
Pages: [1]   Go Up