ADA Depot - A Forum To Support Users of ADA Amplification Gear

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Lets get Technical > All Things Tube All about preamp and power amp Tubes.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: A/DA MP-1 for sale (includes 3TM!) >SOLD<  (Read 1531 times)

TommyVonVoigt

Hey all, looks like I'm just not bonding with the MP-1, so I'm going to sell it.

This is a unit I bought off of Reverb.com back in September, for $625. It didn't really sound good to me, and I had trouble getting good tones out of it. It also had a dead battery. So, I ordered up the 3 tube mod, the battery mod, the upgraded transformer, replacement pots, and the noise mod, from Marshall JMP.

I installed everything but the noise mod and the replacement pots. Big, big improvement, but I still just don't like the high gain tones I'm getting out of it. Solid State Clean is awesome, though. If I had the rack space, I would consider keeping it just for the Solid State Clean.

I went over the unit with MJMP's help, double checking all of my work, and sending him detailed photos of everything. Everything checks out. I think the reality is the MP-1 is just not for me, and I should just stick with my Synergy setup. I'm not feeling the distorted tones, and the volume drop does not pair well with my Synergy Syn-2 / modules.

I'm selling the whole thing. I'd like $700, plus shipping, (CONUS only). It will include:

• MP-1, with 3TM, battery mod, and transformer upgrade already installed
• Noise mod (not installed)
• Replacement pots (not installed)
• I will also include the original, functioning transformer, the original tube board, and the original tubes it came with. Please note that I am not including a full set of 3 tubes, since I am keeping the three tubes I had tried in it

It's in pretty clean shape, too. And the buttons all work perfectly.
« Last Edit: Time Format by Kim »

TommyVonVoigt

Re: A/DA MP-1 for sale (includes 3TM!)
« Reply #1 on: Time Format »

Pics attached:

TommyVonVoigt

« Reply #2 on: Time Format »

More pics can be found here, BTW. All closeup high res shots of the inside (top and bottom):

https://we.tl/t-pIqnftGgeY

TommyVonVoigt

« Reply #3 on: Time Format »

Just throwing this out there - I am willing to swap this unit straight up for a completely stock unit, IF it’s one that you know for sure is in perfect working order, and sounds the way these things should. Since I still don’t know for sure if this unit sounds like it should, I could be giving up on the MP-1 idea prematurely here. I have no way of knowing or comparing.

TommyVonVoigt

« Reply #4 on: Time Format »

Just sold on Reverb
Pages: [1]   Go Up