ADA Depot - A Forum To Support Users of ADA Amplification Gear

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Temp "Time Format" issue Fix in Discussions

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Down

Author Topic: When you lose your band  (Read 8297 times)

rabidgerry

• Superhero Member
  • HEAVY METAL
    • Rabid Bitch of the North band facebook
Re: When you lose your band
« Reply #15 on: Time Format »

Hey Gerry,

If you cannot find a bassplayer for the recordings, just hit me up.
Won't be able to be i your band, obviously, but I have a fully equiped recording studio to get you the bass tracks.

Peter  :metal:

What an amazing offer!  Bizarrely I did think of asking you  :lol:  But I didn't know if you where up for it.

I have been talking to a bassist as of last week, but he isn't very good at communicating and turns out he is in another band so I'm put right off by that.

That's really cool Peter.  I will be in touch  :thumb-up:

Hey RG, unfortunately the band I had with Mike dissolved (for now anyway), I need to find a good bass player and drummer to get a 3 piece going just for my mental health.  Which is one of the great things about playing, it helps keep you sane.
That's really shit Richard, hope something works out between you guy going forward, and you are right, need something even for your own mental health!  It's over looked what being in a band can do for you mind!!
"whadda ya want? we want Heavy Metal"

Guitars:1986 Westone Dimension IV, 1989 Korean Squier Fat Strat Silver Series, 1998 Korean Squier Fat Strat, MIM Fender Fat Strat - FR, Squier Stagemaster Deluxe - Thru Neck x 2, Squier Stagemaster 22 Fret - 1st Gen, 1999 Squier Showmaster - Anniversary Edition, Squier Showmaster, Tokai FV40 Flying V

Effects:  Ada Mp1, Peavey Rockmaster, Boss GX700 Boss SX700 * Amps:   Rocktron Velocity 300 - Koch ATR4502 - Peavey Classic 50/50
Cabs: 4 x Bugera 2 x 12"
Midi Controller: Behringer FCB1010

Peter H. Boer

• 2* MB-1 1*MP-1 + Jur's old Mod4Mk2
    • The Granny Attic
« Reply #16 on: Time Format »

Hey Gerry,

If you cannot find a bassplayer for the recordings, just hit me up.
Won't be able to be i your band, obviously, but I have a fully equiped recording studio to get you the bass tracks.

Peter  :metal:

What an amazing offer!  Bizarrely I did think of asking you  :lol:  But I didn't know if you where up for it.

I have been talking to a bassist as of last week, but he isn't very good at communicating and turns out he is in another band so I'm put right off by that.

That's really cool Peter.  I will be in touch  :thumb-up:

:thumb-up:  :thumb-up:  :thumb-up:
Nothing beats MB-1s and MP-1s with MDRTs

http://www.thegrannyattic.com
http://www.Illumion.net
http://www.sote.nl

Kim

• Administrator
  • If it's too Loud...you're gonna get more of THAT.
« Reply #17 on: Time Format »

I truly hope something works out there, Gerry.   That Rabid album I got is an absolute banger!  :headbanger:   I don't want to say never but...if it is, that is one damn fine legacy to have, Sir.  I feel that.  Especially now that I'm also band-less.  I may or may not play in a band again, and if I don't...well our last album is a damn fine way to end it with, IMO.

Maybe the answer is already here though.  Touring seems to be pretty much dead now anyway unless you're in the really big leagues.   Reaching out to available musicians online and willing to help doesn't limit you to just Ireland or even the whole UK for that matter.  The recording process is a little different, but the outcome can still be as glorious as you want it to be.  I think the biggest hurdle is getting the drums right.  You may have to hire a local drummer to learn and then record for your songs and after that Peter offered his bass skills.  Damn, you're halfway there now!  I also happen to know a guy who would really love a chance to do the vocals for your project....  ;)

« Last Edit: Time Format by Kim »

rabidgerry

• Superhero Member
  • HEAVY METAL
« Reply #18 on: Time Format »

I truly hope something works out there, Gerry.   That Rabid album I got is an absolute banger!  :headbanger:   I don't want to say never but...if it is, that is one damn fine legacy to have, Sir.  I feel that.  Especially now that I'm also band-less.  I may or may not play in a band again, and if I don't...well our last album is a damn fine way to end it with, IMO.

Maybe the answer is already here though.  Touring seems to be pretty much dead now anyway unless you're in the really big leagues.   Reaching out to available musicians online and willing to help doesn't limit you to just Ireland or even the whole UK for that matter.  The recording process is a little different, but the outcome can still be as glorious as you want it to be.  I think the biggest hurdle is getting the drums right.  You may have to hire a local drummer to learn and then record for your songs and after that Peter offered his bass skills.  Damn, you're halfway there now!  I also happen to know a guy who would really love a chance to do the vocals for your project....  ;)

Well thanks Kim, totally appreciate it.  The album didn't quite reach my expectations sonically but I am by no means horrified by my output.  I never went to music production classes so I taught myself all that stuff out of necessity.  I also felt I would lose something about the character about the band had I always just used local recording studios and their personal  But ways, it was a learning process and I know the second album would/will turn out better.

I get what you mean about available musicians, you are right, it is possible to get the job done using people anywhere in the world.  One major benefit of this era.

@Peter, not ready for anything just yet Peter but I will let you know for sure one way or another.  I have been talking to bass players recently so there is always the possibility should they join they can do the album also.  But it's all still very uncertain right now and if I feel I should just progress the recording situation then I guess it will be time to call upon your services.  Thanks again for this offer, it helps put my mind at ease.

@Kim yeah I basically have been playing with a drummer who I think is only in it for the drums on the album.  He's good, but we need more time to solidify as at the moment it's been sporadic and I feel I haven't gelled with him just yet. 

Guitars:1986 Westone Dimension IV, 1989 Korean Squier Fat Strat Silver Series, 1998 Korean Squier Fat Strat, MIM Fender Fat Strat - FR, Squier Stagemaster Deluxe - Thru Neck x 2, Squier Stagemaster 22 Fret - 1st Gen, 1999 Squier Showmaster - Anniversary Edition, Squier Showmaster, Tokai FV40 Flying V

Effects:  Ada Mp1, Peavey Rockmaster, Boss GX700 Boss SX700 * Amps:   Rocktron Velocity 300 - Koch ATR4502 - Peavey Classic 50/50

Peter H. Boer

• 2* MB-1 1*MP-1 + Jur's old Mod4Mk2
    • The Granny Attic
« Reply #19 on: Time Format »

@Peter, not ready for anything just yet Peter but I will let you know for sure one way or another.  I have been talking to bass players recently so there is always the possibility should they join they can do the album also.  But it's all still very uncertain right now and if I feel I should just progress the recording situation then I guess it will be time to call upon your services.  Thanks again for this offer, it helps put my mind at ease.

No problem, I'm not going anywhere, I am available if and when you need it.
If you don't, also no problem  :thumb-up: 
Nothing beats MB-1s and MP-1s with MDRTs

http://www.thegrannyattic.com
http://www.Illumion.net
http://www.sote.nl

rabidgerry

• Superhero Member
  • HEAVY METAL
« Reply #20 on: Time Format »

No problem, I'm not going anywhere, I am available if and when you need it.
If you don't, also no problem  :thumb-up:
  A million thank yous my man I totally appreciate that  :headbanger:  :bow:

rabidgerry

• Superhero Member
  • HEAVY METAL
« Reply #21 on: Time Format »

Getting somewhere

Harley Hexxe

• Superhero Member
« Reply #22 on: Time Format »

That looked like fun! :thumb-up:
I only have two brain cells left, ...and I'm saving them for the weekend!

rabidgerry

• Superhero Member
  • HEAVY METAL
« Reply #23 on: Time Format »

Oh it was/is!  I love playing that song.  There is even more fun parts later on.  The last song I wrote I think before the breakup of the original lineup.

Harley Hexxe

• Superhero Member
« Reply #24 on: Time Format »

Oh it was/is!  I love playing that song.  There is even more fun parts later on.  The last song I wrote I think before the breakup of the original lineup.

Well then, you're on the right track! Hang on to that feeling and keep it alive. The trick is going to be meeting a couple of other guys who like the sound of it and want to have some fun with you. Before you know it, RBOTN will be reborn!

Harley 8)
I only have two brain cells left, ...and I'm saving them for the weekend!

rabidgerry

• Superhero Member
  • HEAVY METAL
« Reply #25 on: Time Format »

Well currently this is the drummer who has agreed to help do the album, he might stay.............I dunno.

Waiting on a bass player getting back to me who applied to an AD I had up.  He has been learning two tracks.  So when he knows them he will come over and play with the drummer and I and we shall see if A) he is any good B) he enjoys it and wants to join. FIguring out if he is the right guy from then will be something gauged over time from then on I guess.

Zilthy

• My Youtube Channel
« Reply #26 on: Time Format »

Hope it keeps building up for you, it was sounding good. :)

MarshallJMP

• Superhero Member
    • marshalljmpmodshop.net
« Reply #27 on: Time Format »

Keep up the good work Gerry, you'll get there for sure  :thumb-up:

BTW where's your hair  :o

rabidgerry

• Superhero Member
  • HEAVY METAL
« Reply #28 on: Time Format »

Hope it keeps building up for you, it was sounding good. :)

Thanks Zilthy that is much appreciated  :thumb-up:

Keep up the good work Gerry, you'll get there for sure  :thumb-up:

BTW where's your hair  :o
  Again thanks MJMP  :thumb-up:  :lol: I had it shaved off a couple of years ago.  Growing it back now though  :headbanger:  Going for a mullet this time I think  :lol:  I do the laughing emoji but I'm serious

rnolan

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
« Reply #29 on: Time Format »

Hey RG, cool I like the song  :thumb-up: , just listened to it focusing on the drummer, he's quite good and gets better as he gets more familiar with it...
Studio Rig: Stuff; Live Rig: More Stuff; Guitars: A few
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Up