ADA Depot - A Forum To Support Users of ADA Amplification Gear

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Temp "Time Format" issue Fix in Discussions

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: My 2021 Videos with Gear, Goals and Guidelines  (Read 6282 times)

rnolan

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
Re: My 2021 Videos with Gear, Goals and Guidelines
« Reply #30 on: Time Format »

@MJMP,

You didn't buy those cabs, you STOLE THEM :lol:
+1  O:-) :whoohoo!:
Studio Rig: Stuff; Live Rig: More Stuff; Guitars: A few

MarshallJMP

• Superhero Member
    • marshalljmpmodshop.net
« Reply #31 on: Time Format »

Yeah you're right, I did have a great deal. ;D You don't find them a lot of here, so I wonder what the price for these actually is.

Harley Hexxe

• Superhero Member
« Reply #32 on: Time Format »

Hey MJMP,

New Marshall cabs, similar to what you have go for around $1600 USD. Used ones are still pulling around $1000 -$1200 USD in good condition. Those you have there, if they still have the original speakers, would probably go higher than that because they would be considered "vintage" over here. That automatically doubles the price of used gear because people here are greedy and kind of stupid ;D

Harley 8)
I only have two brain cells left, ...and I'm saving them for the weekend!

Zilthy

• My Youtube Channel
« Reply #33 on: Time Format »

Those black backs sound interesting for sure.

Right now running 2 Greenbacks on top and 2 V30s on the bottom, like it, but considering going full greenback or maybe even EVH/20W greenbacks.

Which is silly, because I am actually pretty happy with my tone these days. :)

Zilthy

• My Youtube Channel
« Reply #34 on: Time Format »

My Plexi module arrived so tonight's entertainment is trying to dial in Mick's tone from Shout at the Devil.   Getting close, but sheesh, I think they used some crazy EQ shenanigans recording that album.  It almost sounds like a cocked wah, but not quite.   I might have to break out another EQ to throw in front of the amp to get this tone.

https://soundcloud.com/user-485788768/looks-that-kill/s-ezkQdFybxmP?si=05f9008d2af44a8cb2b4e1d281293556

And of course, a moderately famous Plexi player

https://soundcloud.com/user-485788768/plexi-vh/s-owUg5Fkr1sJ?si=75a81a5be1274bbeba3bf14f8051b64e
« Last Edit: Time Format by Zilthy »

Harley Hexxe

• Superhero Member
« Reply #35 on: Time Format »

Hey Zilthy,

In response to your first post about your speakers: Why mess with it? If it's not broken, don't fix it.

About your 2nd post regarding Mick Mars' tone. It's not a stock plexi. His amp is a modded Marshall head that was done by Jose Arredondo, and it's not a particularly good sounding mod. That head was recently sold by Mick. I saw it and got to hear it a couple of months ago. It's definitely that tone, but not one I would enjoy playing through TBH. To my ears, it has a kind of grating quality to it.

Here is a link that might help: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rlfr4xq2ZzY&t=1180s

Harley 8)

Zilthy

• My Youtube Channel
« Reply #36 on: Time Format »

I saw that video, I've watched it a few times.  :)

But even in Pete's video there it doesn't have what's going on in Shout.  Going to play around and try a couple of EQ's as I mentioned, see where I get.  I think my tone is pretty close in that vein, just missing that "Marshall with a cold" thing Shout has that none of the other albums seem to.

Ah, the ways I try to amuse myself. :D

But, it has been fun trying to dial in some exact tones, and also learning a lot about production, which has a *huge* impact in the final result.   And I actually have an idea for a video series, I just need to see if I have the drive and ambition to carry it through. :D

Harley Hexxe

• Superhero Member
« Reply #37 on: Time Format »

I remember when I had my old Super Lead 100, which was a 1973 model BTW, I used to get that tone no problem.  Of course, I was also using a Marshall cab with it too. We used to play "Looks That Kill" in one band I was in. I think I had one of my Big Muff Pi pedals on the board with that rig.
   If I did, then I know I had the distortion backed way down on it. That amp didn't really need a distortion pedal on it at that time, because I cranked it up, and got most of my distortion from the amp.

Just remember to compensate for the 6L6 tubes you have in the power amp.

Harley 8)

Zilthy

• My Youtube Channel
« Reply #38 on: Time Format »

Well, it's 2022.   I didn't get as much recording last year as I had planned though I got a lot started.   A lot had to do with career and a new job, which has been really great so far for the last few months.   I liked my previous job, but it was becoming quite a challenge financially.

2022 is off to a bit of a slow start recording, but I am still working on it and playing as often as I can.   I did put together a little something this weekend, a song I've always loved.   I knew the main riff and some stuff, but digging in, there is a lot more going on than I thought and it's pretty quick.   Still need to tighten it up but it's a fun start.

Mainly it was something to see how the ZIO works in the mix, and I really like it.  It is definitely a lot more transparent than some of the other drives I have used, and I really like how it leaves a lot more of the raw tone and clarity of the amp, even with some fairly heavy gain.

https://soundcloud.com/user-485788768/toys-in-the-attic-1?si=505c31aa11264b399e11b5efccb3a89b&utm_source=clipboard&utm_medium=text&utm_campaign=social_sharing

Shibiwan

« Reply #39 on: Time Format »

Zilthy,

I think you're on a good run even if you feel like you're behind. I wish I had the time/energy left over after work to mess around and do something creative with my DAW.

Keep it up! Waiting to see/hear more of your stuff.
« Last Edit: Time Format by rnolan »
'97 Ibanez Jem 7VWH
'98 Ibanez Universe UV777PBK
'09 Masters Design EPiN4 bass
'22 Ibanez BTB805MS
ADA MP-1
ADA MP-2 ("new" toy!)
Roland GP-100
Digitech GSP-2101 Artist (LE)
Digitech Studio 5000
Behringer XR18
ADA MT-100 (spare amp)
Marshall 9200

On the repair/rebuild bench in various states of (dis)repair:
My trusty old '87 Charvel 475 SP
Piles of GSP-2101

rnolan

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
« Reply #40 on: Time Format »

Zilthy,

I think you're on a good run even if you feel like you're behind. I wish I had the time/energy left over after work to mess around and do something creative with my DAW.

+1  :thumb-up:
Studio Rig: Stuff; Live Rig: More Stuff; Guitars: A few

MarshallJMP

• Superhero Member
    • marshalljmpmodshop.net
« Reply #41 on: Time Format »

Zilthy,

+1  :thumb-up:

+1  :metal:
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up