ADA Preamps > MP-2

MP-2 Display & Aftermarket display(s)

(1/2) > >>

Dante:
This started in another thread, I got way off topic (shocker!) so,  I started this thread

--- Quote from: rnolan on April 02, 2024, 12:52:48 AM ---Hey Dante, good you fixed it  :thumb-up: .  I'm just trying to remember (as it was ages ago I changed out a couple of displays, was there one wire that need to be soldered?

--- End quote ---

I fixed it today - my display is FUBAR. It's the aftermarket blue display, so not really a surprise I guess. I think I got it from Matt Trull. I replaced it with what I thought was the stock one....but now I notice my goofy arrow character in this one, so it's probably aftermarket too(?) It's got the stock green backlighting....I coulda swore it was yellow, but  I'm sure I'm thinking about my Quadraverb - Whatever...it's working now (whew!)

Take a look at the pic below. The blue display just started doing this one day while I was playing. It didn't affect the sound, but I couldn't really edit anything or tell what patch I was on....

rnolan:

Hey Dante, Quadverb displays work as well.  The ones MJMP got hold of were the ones with slightly strange characters (was it for the arrows?) so that's probably where you got that one from, and also where I got a few spares.  Interesting that your blue one went FUBAR, I remember when you put it in, years ago now.

Harley Hexxe:
I remember when you put those in too, that was nine years ago.

I still see replacement displays like those on ebay. I wonder if they are the same ones that you got?

My MP-2 displays are still working just fine, so I don't see a need to do anything to them yet.

Dante:
Apparently, there's a guy selling them on Reverb and Ebay from Mesa AZ. (could it be an ADA Depot member?)

So, if it's worth the small cost ($35), get you one. I'm gonna stick with my green one until it dies like my last blue one, then I'll buy another one....or I'll get one now and hang on to it for another 9 years ;)

Iperfungus:
I bought one of those aftermarket displays (green) on EBay for one of my Quadraverb units, because the original one started having issues.
The unit is not back home yet (Fabrizio is still working on it), but the display has been installed and it seems to work fine.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version