ADA Preamps > Original MP-1

MP-1 and noise reduction

(1/4) > >>

rennerskt:
Hi folks,

I know this is personal but I would like to know if you guys use the MP-1 with any kind of noise reduction.
Most of my patches are distortion tube with overdrive above 7 and I thinking I will have to buy some noise gate.

Best Regards,

Roberto Renner.

rabidgerry:
Hey man, not to personal  :)

Yeah I use noise reduction with mine.  It give noise same as any other distortion device.  People go on about MP1 being particularly noisey unit hence the invent of the noise mod, however it just seems like any other distortion unit/device/pedal what ever that I have ever used, and there fore I need noise reduction of sorts.

I am still however, going to do the noise mod.  The logic is, if you can make the noise quieter, then you need to use less noise reduction or gate whichever you are using, perhaps both.  The less you need to use on you noise reduction unit the better.

I recently bought this. no idea if it is shit or not, I got it quite cheap.

http://www.soundonsound.com/sos/1996_articles/feb96/rocktron.html

I also have the boss which I really like as well (quite rare this)

http://www.gearjunkies.com/product_info.php?manufacturers_id=6&products_id=16044&PHPSESSID=ae6fff6bebc395b9b35999b527ee3428

http://www.bossarea.com/other/ns50.asp

I bought these for when I finally piece a rack system together.  Currently I use onboard noise reduction on my Boss GT5 with ADA MP1 in the loop.  I place the reduction after any/main source of distortion.  I don't need much with a sheilded guitar :)

Hope this helps buddy  :thumb-up:

Systematic Chaos:
You can´t go wrong with a Rocktron Hush.... I personally prefer the older units, the Hush 2000 in particular. Can be found pretty cheap on the occasion market (eBay,.....).

If you wanna spend some more $$$ the ISP Decimator ProRack-G is one of the top-of-the-shelf units.

rabidgerry:

--- Quote from: Systematic Chaos on December 16, 2014, 12:33:00 AM ---You can´t go wrong with a Rocktron Hush.... I personally prefer the older units, the Hush 2000 in particular. Can be found pretty cheap on the occasion market (eBay,.....).

If you wanna spend some more $$$ the ISP Decimator ProRack-G is one of the top-of-the-shelf units.

--- End quote ---

Is my rocktron unit an old one?  say's 1996 on the link for a review that I posted?  Why are the new ones shit?

I had a decimator g-string!!!  It was good but not amazing.  Sold it though as all the kids are talking about them these days so I got my money back  :)  I learned how to roll back the gain a little  :lol:

Systematic Chaos:

--- Quote from: rabidgerry on December 16, 2014, 12:44:25 AM ---...
Is my rocktron unit an old one?  say's 1996 on the link for a review that I posted?  Why are the new ones shit?

I had a decimator g-string!!!  It was good but not amazing.  Sold it though as all the kids are talking about them these days so I got my money back  :)  I learned how to roll back the gain a little  :lol:

--- End quote ---

Jaa, that´s a good trusted IICX, can't go wrong with these.
I´m not saying the new ones are shit....I prefer the old ones sound-wise (to my ears).
At the end of the day, once the drummer enters the room you won´t hear a difference  :lol:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version