ADA Depot - A Forum To Support Users of ADA Amplification Gear

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Lets get Technical > All Things Tube All about preamp and power amp Tubes.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Benefit gig for my drummer :(  (Read 1531 times)

Dante

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
  • Nothing more uncommon than common sense
    • The Best Cover Band In Sacramento
Benefit gig for my drummer :(
« on: Time Format »

Hi Guys & Gals

I have a gig this Saturday, and normally, I'd be stoked. However, our regular drummer can't play the gig because he's dying of cancer. We're donating all the fundages from the gig to him, so him and his lady can go do something fun...or sketchy...or whatever he wants

Here's our setlist:

How Many More Times/Whole Lotta Love jam- Led Zep
My Own Worst Enema - Lit
Santa Monica - Everclear
Kryptonite - 3 Doors Down
Vasoline - STP
Creep - Radiohead
Plush - STP
Man In the Box - Alice in Chains
Slither - Audioslave

Them Bones - Alice in Chains
Monkey Wrench - Foo Fighters
Spoon Man - Soundgarden
Fell on Black Days - Soundgarden
Everlong - Foo Fighters
Outshined - Soundgarden
Even Flow - Pearl Jam
Fat Bottom Girls - Queen

The Rooster - Alice in Chains
My Hero - Foo Fighters
Helter Skelter - U2...the Beatles
Cochise - Audioslave
Boys of Summer - The Ataris
Basket Case - Green Day
Jeremy - Pearl Jam
Machine Head - Bush
Fly Like an Eagle jam - Mojo

We have a few more in the hopper, in case we finish early (like that's gonna happen - ha). We stretch stuff out a lot, got a great singer/front man for that stuff. This band is called Mojo, we fired up the band right before Covid. We all were in different bands together and decided to form a local 'supergroup' of guys from well known local bands. We do have a little website I put together while we were in the studio - SactoMojo.com

We got together for fun and it was like lightning in a bottle - everything clicked like we'd been together for years. Sad to see our drummer (Kevin) suffering like this, I love the guy (and I mean that in the most non-gay, heterosexual way...not that there's anything wrong with that - haha)

rnolan

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
Re: Benefit gig for my drummer :(
« Reply #1 on: Time Format »

Hey Dante, sorry to hear about your drummers health issues  :facepalm: .  I like the set list  :thumb-up: lots of fun in those songs  :whoohoo!: .  Hope the gig goes well, I'm sure it will.  My new little band has it's first gig next Monday night.  A farewell for a friend, he's married a German girl and is moving there.  We've got 2 sets cooking.  Unfortunately the bass player, new singer and I all got covid last week so we won't get as much rehearsing as we'd like.
Studio Rig: Stuff; Live Rig: More Stuff; Guitars: A few

Dante

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
« Reply #2 on: Time Format »

Singer and other guitar player (finally) got Covid 2 weeks ago...screwed up our practice schedule a bit

Harley Hexxe

• Superhero Member
« Reply #3 on: Time Format »

Hey Dante,

I echo Richards sentiments about your drummer's situation. Cancer is pretty f**ked up.

Sounds like you'll be having a good time at the gig though, and I wish you much success with it. It a very thoughtful gesture.

Rock on brother :headbanger:
I only have two brain cells left, ...and I'm saving them for the weekend!

MarshallJMP

• Superhero Member
    • marshalljmpmodshop.net
« Reply #4 on: Time Format »

Hey Dante,

I echo Richards sentiments about your drummer's situation. Cancer is pretty f**ked up.

Sounds like you'll be having a good time at the gig though, and I wish you much success with it. It a very thoughtful gesture.

Rock on brother :headbanger:

+1

Dante

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
« Reply #5 on: Time Format »

Just an update: the gig went very well, we rocked the house. I have never played an entire set of songs in drop D tuning before, but now I have - haha

I had played the venue a thousand times, but I was surprised to see they renovated the place over the Covid shutdown. Much nicer place, but they still only pay $500-$600 per band...so there's that.

We donated our $500 to the cause. In fact, we had a big 5 gallon water bottle at the front of the stage to collect money. There were a few $100 bills, lots of $20s, very few $1 bills. That felt good, we raised a bunch of cash for the guy.

Ironically, the beneficiary was the founder of the band. He was sitting with our bass player and myself while the three of us watched another band. We were not in a band together at the time...just friends supporting other friends at their gigs.

Drummer looked around and asked the two of us...'When are we gonna get something together?' We nabbed the other guitar player from the crowd (also a friend of ours) and simply needed a singer. Drummer said he had a guy, and man he did

So yeah, Kevin Drummer put this band together. It's a shame he can't play anymore. I played in a ZZ Top tribute band with him, that was fun and I'm glad we got to pal around for a couple years doing that

I hope he and his hot wife take that money and go someplace comfy or dangerous. He's a great guy, he deserves it, always busted his ass all his life

rnolan

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
« Reply #6 on: Time Format »

Hey Dante, so glad it went well and you raised a bit of cash for Kevin.  Always a shame to loose special people (not that he's gone quite yet).  My mate down the coast died a few weeks ago, heart attack  :facepalm: .  We had his funeral 2 weeks ago and are having a play in his honor on the 20th Aug.  I bought his new Nord stage grand and some wedges from his daughter, mostly to make it easier for her to sell.
Studio Rig: Stuff; Live Rig: More Stuff; Guitars: A few

Harley Hexxe

• Superhero Member
« Reply #7 on: Time Format »

Hey Dante,

That's great to hear! I'm glad the gig turned out to be a success. At least there some people are still gigging.

I think I need to cruise out to the Left Coast and get into a jam with a few people. Who knows? :dunno:
I only have two brain cells left, ...and I'm saving them for the weekend!

MarshallJMP

• Superhero Member
    • marshalljmpmodshop.net
« Reply #8 on: Time Format »

Hey Dante,

That's great to hear! I'm glad the gig turned out to be a success.

+1 :thumb-up:

David Drake

« Reply #9 on: Time Format »

Wonderful to hear this event was a success. Sounds like off the cuff wonderful Drop D musical bad arsery. Love it!
Pages: [1]   Go Up