ADA Preamps > Original MP-1

It’s An Addiction, I’m Sure!

<< < (3/3)

Moff40:
OK.  I figured it out.  I tested the output at the FX send, and at the headphone out, all three were the same.  Then I put the pad on my IR loader, attached the regular output, and then pinned all three units with the same preset.  Wide open, they’re identical in output.  The difference has to be the taper of the output pot (LOG instead of LIN).  When I did the first test, I clearly didn’t test properly.  Anyway, it’s probably not urgent for me to replace the pot with a linear for now.  It works right; I just have to turn the knob a little further to the right, and I’ve never been shy about doing that!  :)

rnolan:
Cool, glad you worked it out  :thumb-up: , strange about the pot, must have been replaced at some point  :dunno:

Moff40:

--- Quote from: rnolan on September 23, 2022, 05:30:29 AM ---Cool, glad you worked it out  :thumb-up: , strange about the pot, must have been replaced at some point  :dunno:

--- End quote ---

Yes, I concur.  It has had some parts replaced, presumably during routine maintenance, so maybe it had a scratchy or damaged pot at some point and was replaced with whatever the tech had on hand.  It doesn't show signs of impact, though.  Because there have been no "mods" done, other than the battery, electronically, it's probably as close to virginal as you're likely to find, given it's 35 years old.

I was chuckling to myself about how we think of these as "old", but if it was a 35-year-old Fender or Marshall amp, it would just be getting started.  :)

I have no guitar gigs coming up, so I'm dying to get these things onstage and RTFO.

rnolan:
On stage is where they really get to sing  :thumb-up:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version