ADA Depot - A Forum To Support Users of ADA Amplification Gear

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Lets get Technical > All Things Tube All about preamp and power amp Tubes.

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Hello From SoCal Hell -Update: partial rig pic added in thread-  (Read 2865 times)

rnolan

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
Re: Hello From SoCal Hell
« Reply #15 on: Time Format »

:whoohoo!: , the journey begins LoL.  Other option would be a ADA GCS6, but now ADA has gone out of business again  :facepalm: . Then I use MP-2s which have cab sym built in  >:D .
Studio Rig: Stuff; Live Rig: More Stuff; Guitars: A few

GuitarJesus

« Reply #16 on: Time Format »

Other option would be a ADA GCS6
Is it better than the ampulator?
Signal Chain:  1973 Fender EVH-ized Stratocaster-->ADA MP1-->ADA Digitizer 4-->ADA MicroCab-->MT-200-->1978 Marshall 1960a 4x12.

The name says Jesus, call me Jeff

Harley Hexxe

• Superhero Member
« Reply #17 on: Time Format »

I believe the GCS6 is more along the line of a Microcab
I only have two brain cells left, ...and I'm saving them for the weekend!

GuitarJesus

« Reply #18 on: Time Format »

Add a Digitizer 4 to my stash!
Signal Chain:  1973 Fender EVH-ized Stratocaster-->ADA MP1-->ADA Digitizer 4-->ADA MicroCab-->MT-200-->1978 Marshall 1960a 4x12.

rnolan

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
« Reply #19 on: Time Format »

Cool, some serious GAS developing LoL.  The GCS6 is a stereo version of ADAs latest/last? cab sim.  MikeB uses a GCS3 (mono version) in the loop of his MP-1 when he wants to go direct, which is another option.

MarshallJMP

• Superhero Member
    • marshalljmpmodshop.net
« Reply #20 on: Time Format »

The ampulator is a cab and amp sim.

Harley Hexxe

• Superhero Member
« Reply #21 on: Time Format »

The ampulator is a cab and amp sim.

Yeah, I knew it was an amp sim, but wasn't sure about the cab part of it.

GuitarJesus

« Reply #22 on: Time Format »

Add a Microcab to the rack!  Think I found the deal I wanted on a MP-1 so I'll have the full setup.

Dante

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
  • Nothing more uncommon than common sense
    • The Best Cover Band In Sacramento
« Reply #23 on: Time Format »

Go man, Go! haha

GuitarJesus

Here is what I have so far for ADA gear in my OLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLD mid 90's SKB mini rack.  The KORG tuner will go bye bye (web based tuners are awesome so it won't stay there), and when I get my MP-1 it will take its place.

Is there anything else you guys can recommend to add in there and get a bigger than 4u rack?  I will be plugging the Microcab into my PC, so the power amp is on the off chance I find a band to ever play in again. I mainly have the itch to go back to getting formal lessons, and writing for my creative itch.

rnolan

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member

Hey Jeff, looking good  :thumb-up: .  Personally, I'd add a decent multi fx unit, I have an original Quadverb in my 8RU rack and a Midiverb 4 in my new(ish) 4RU rack.  They are mainly for delay (which you have already) and stereo reverb but can also do any other fx if I need (flange/phase/ etc.).  But these are both live racks.  I assume you add additional fx with you PC  :dunno:

Also tuner wise, I've not heard of web based tuners, IMHO the Peterson StroboClip (https://www.petersontuners.com/products/stroboclipHD/) is the best and most versatile (clip onto any instrument) tuner around (best $100AUD I ever spent).  I also have a very early Korg (size of an Audio cassette) which cost a b*mb back in the 90's which is ok.  But all digital tuners (and I suspect web based tuners?) have a slight sampling delay and a dead zone i.e. upper and lower frequency between which they will indicate you are in tune (Roland seem to be the worst) when you aren't.  Strobe tuning is real time and way more accurate (tenth of a cent). 

Hey follow that itch  :headbanger:

MarshallJMP

• Superhero Member
    • marshalljmpmodshop.net

I can recommend the ADA 2FX or it's analog counterpart the ADA TFX-4. An STD-1 is also nice.

Dante

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
  • Nothing more uncommon than common sense
    • The Best Cover Band In Sacramento

I used a Quadraverb for a looooong time before I got my GX-700. It served me well  :thumb-up:

Pretty sure I bought that quadraverb with my original MP-1 back in the 90s at Berkeley Guitar Center

You remind me that I'm still considering a MicroCab or (if I can find one) an Ampulator

Harley Hexxe

• Superhero Member

Jeff,

If you take your rack out and use it in a band, I would strongly recommend a good filtered power supply for the rack like a Furman PL-8 or better. Not all venues that you might play will have clean, and/or grounded power and you need to protect your gear. A lesson I learned the hard way.

I second Richard's recommendation for Peterson tuners, but I'm not fond of clip on tuners since they can break at various points rather easily, so I use the Strobostomp HD pedal. Nothing beats Peterson tuners IMHO

GuitarJesus

Back from the dead, finally got an MP-1 coming my way! The holidays, two mortgages, a boat, and truck payment makes everything else second fiddle.  Got it for 4 hunny on Reverb.  Woot!

« Last Edit: Time Format by GuitarJesus »

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up