ADA Depot - A Forum To Support Users of ADA Amplification Gear

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Let us never forget our beloved founder - RIP Jurrie, we all miss you very much

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Hello from Connecticut, USA  (Read 945 times)

K-man

Hello from Connecticut, USA
« on: Time Format »

Glad to be here, thanks for letting me join. I recently bought an MP-1 with 3TM and it arrived last night. I only had an hour to play,  but it seems like a really cool unit.

Although I am mostly into blues/jazz/classic rock nowadays, I grew up in the 80's and was heavy into hair metal and then thrash when I was learning to play. Last year I saw a good deal on Craigslist for a Furman AR1215 and picked it up to provide stable voltage to my amps. Then I bought a rack to put it in. Then it looked lonely, so I bought a Rocktron Replifex to play around with. Next thing I know I have a full rack:

Furman AR1215
ADA MP1 3TM
Rocktron Replifex
Lexicon MPX1
Samson SM10
Hafler G150
Rocktron Midimate

I am still working on the best way to configure everything and program midi. Since I am new to the rack world I am sure I will have some questions. I appreciate any help.

MarshallJMP

• Superhero Member
    • marshalljmpmodshop.net
Re: Hello from Connecticut, USA
« Reply #1 on: Time Format »

Hi and welcome.  :wave:

rnolan

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
« Reply #2 on: Time Format »

Hey K-man, welcome to the depot  :wave: .  Lots of people here will be happy to help.  We started a Routing and Patching thread (http://adadepot.com/index.php?board=67.0) a while ago although prior to that much of the discussion was in other threads.  I've always been a proponent of using a small mixer and running the rig like you would a small stereo PA system.  This way (if your mixer has enough fx sends) you can mix them all in in parallel rather than chaining things together e.g. 4 cable method (which works well if you have 1 stereo fx unit, gets harder if you have multiple gadgets you want to use).
Studio Rig: Stuff; Live Rig: More Stuff; Guitars: A few

Dante

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
  • Nothing more uncommon than common sense
    • The Best Cover Band In Sacramento
« Reply #3 on: Time Format »

Welcome to the Depot, K-man!

Like Richard says, you'll get plenty of help around here....possibly too much  :))

It seems you've fallen down the rack gear rabbit hole, welcome to the loony bin, we have kool-aid  :cheers:

K-man

« Reply #4 on: Time Format »

Thanks everyone.

The Samson SM10 has two aux sends, so right now I have the Replifex and MPX1 in parallel with the MP1. If noise gets out of hand, I may have to run the MP1 into the Replifex for the Hush, but I'm hoping to keep them parallel so the analog dry signal stays intact. So far the noise isn't too bad as long as I keep the OD gains below 7.0, plus I'll be doing the noise mod soon.
Pages: [1]   Go Up