Non ADA Gear > Basses

New Bass Day

(1/3) > >>

rnolan:
Well not for me but my friend I'm teaching bought a nice Stirling by Music Man Stingray short scale bass (https://intl.sterlingbymusicman.com/products/stingray-short-scale?variant=31853457801288) Daphne Blue, maple neck and fingerboard, Neodymium Pickup.  Very nice bass, she fell in love with it while we were trying out some amps.  Her first bass purchase was a baby Taylor acoustic/electric, then she got an Ibenez Micro (she a small person with small hands), not a bad bass considering how cheap they are.  The Stingray was a great buy though, as all Music Man basses I've come across, they sound great direct into the desk/PA.

Zilthy:
Nice!  I've come to love short scale basses.   These days I have and use that Ibanez Mikro Bass myself, but if it were my main instrument still, I'd probably look further and the Stingray would be on my shortlist to checkout.

rabidgerry:

--- Quote from: Zilthy on February 09, 2022, 07:45:37 PM ---Nice!  I've come to love short scale basses.   These days I have and use that Ibanez Mikro Bass myself, but if it were my main instrument still, I'd probably look further and the Stingray would be on my shortlist to checkout.

--- End quote ---

Personally I am a shortscale user also.  I considered that Ibanez Mikro.  What are they like Zilthy?  As far as I am aware they are even shorter than shortscale.  I was actually considering medium scale Ibanez for my next bass.  Currently I own a Cort Action jnr and I really like and find useful for over 10 years.  However  wish it had more pickups and combinations.

Zilthy:

--- Quote from: rabidgerry on February 10, 2022, 06:01:29 AM ---Personally I am a shortscale user also.  I considered that Ibanez Mikro.  What are they like Zilthy?  As far as I am aware they are even shorter than shortscale.  I was actually considering medium scale Ibanez for my next bass.  Currently I own a Cort Action jnr and I really like and find useful for over 10 years.  However  wish it had more pickups and combinations.

--- End quote ---

It is really fun to play, and it is a very short scale, 28.6".    I saw one in the local music shop and picked it up to try for grins and giggles.   Some 45 minutes later I was still sitting there playing it with a smile on my face and bought it on the spot.

I wouldn't say it has the best pickups in the world, but action fit and finish are nice and it sounds good on any of the recordings I've done with it and it's much less jarring to go from guitar to the bass, especially since I don't play bass much any more.

rabidgerry:
Yeah this is why I use one also (a short scale I mean).  But I feel I need another for a broader selection tones.

I like their 32" scales basses too, these are like the bigger brothers to the Mikro, the SR Mezzo basses.

I nearly went for the Mikro and then talked myself saying "it cannot be!".  That's promising though that you have used one and it sounds good.  I wonder are strings a nightmare to buy?  I find it even difficult to get strings for my Cort.  Another reason I fancied the 32" medium scale Mezzo.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version