Non ADA Gear > Basses

New Bass Day

<< < (2/6) > >>

Peter H. Boer:
Nice one :D Happy bassin'

(are those flatwounds?)

Peter

rnolan:
Hey Harley, interesting you don't like Pao Ferro, my Anderson has a Pao Ferro fingerboard and I love it.  It also doesn't suck tone like rosewood does.  Maybe it could use a good dressing with 1200 paper and a really good drink of FB oil.

Harley Hexxe:

--- Quote from: Peter H. Boer on May 09, 2021, 11:00:58 PM ---Nice one :D Happy bassin'

(are those flatwounds?)

Peter

--- End quote ---

Hey Peter,

Thank you.  No, they are round wound. I am thinking of building a Jazz Bass from a kit, and putting flat wounds on that.

Harley 8)

Harley Hexxe:

--- Quote from: rnolan on May 10, 2021, 12:17:27 AM ---Hey Harley, interesting you don't like Pao Ferro, my Anderson has a Pao Ferro fingerboard and I love it.  It also doesn't suck tone like rosewood does.  Maybe it could use a good dressing with 1200 paper and a really good drink of FB oil.

--- End quote ---

Hey Richard,

FB oil?

Harley 8)

rnolan:
Hey Harley, finger board oil (conditioner).  I've been using the Jim Dunlop one on my guitars (there was a better one but you can't get it anymore, forget what it was called, the guy who made it stopped many moons ago  :facepalm: ).  Alembic say use lemon oil, so I do on the Alembic (ebony board) but you need to be careful which one you get.  I've been using the Jim Dunlop 65 lemon oil and it seems pretty good. Some lemon oils leave a white coating, not good...  Prior to the Alembic I only used lemon oil (small dab on a cloth) to clean the guitar(s).  I give the board a good couple of drinks and then a final drink, go for a smoke (and a pancake) then wipe it off.  I get what you mean about the grains in Pao Ferro, they do seem larger than rosewood, and ebony is downright slippery and even finer grained.  I like that it resist me a bit and doesn't get slippery when you are sweating under lights etc.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version