ADA Preamps > Original MP-1

New ADA MP-1 - questions

(1/8) > >>

tnipe:
Finally got one of these! It sounds good to me - but I have a couple of issues with it I. Appreciate any help!

- Presets are deleted each time I turn it off. I get the C 1-128 and error 1,2,3. I figured it's the battery. Is the battery mod kit from Marshall JMP Mod shop the way to go?

- If I dial in any chorus (depth), there's a garbled, fizzy sound present. Anyone had this issue before?

- How do I see which firmware version I have? I thought about getting the newest one.

MarshallJMP:
It seems you need a new battery, my kit will work if you want one.

Could be the bias isn't set correctly, mail me so  I can tell you what to check.

You see this at startup on the display, it's either 1.36, 1.37, 1.38, 2.00 or 2.01.

tnipe:
Thanks, sent you an email!

rnolan:
It's worth getting the latest EPROM v2.01 from MJMP (if you don't have it already).  It's an easy swapout and gives you some additional factory presets and some program save and load to PC via midi capability.

tnipe:
I'm definitely getting the latest eprom. Any other must have mods I should get while I'm at it? I don't think I'm gonna go for anything that radically changes the sound.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version