Miscellaneous > Rants & Raves

So what is this guy on??? This guy deluded or are we deluded?

(1/3) > >>

rabidgerry:
I was randomly looking for a rear photo of an MP1 whilst I sit at my computer working from home for a diagram I am creating for myself to show how a patchbay might work should I buy one to solve my preamp switching issue.  It's more or less to help my mind get around it.  Whilst I was doin so I found this link

https://menga.net/obsolete-guitar-gear-ada-mp-1

People like this really worry me, because in the world of guitar gear there are many people who start rumours about things and then these rumours becomes believed truths by people who do not know any better and I've fallen victim to these type rumours in the past about certain things and it took me years to realise people literally set out to bad mouth stuff or state their opinion as gospel and suddenly it becomes the believed standard.  One of the best things I realised over the years is most gear can sound good in the right hands and to not be snobby towards stuff that isn't so popular or in fashion anymore.  Hell if I paid attention to the latest trends I'd not be on this board and I've have a kemper or Axe Fx or some kind of amp head  :lol:

So yeah check that out and be prepared to disagree.

MarshallJMP:
This falls under freedom of speech, but that doesn't mean he's right  ;D

rabidgerry:

--- Quote from: MarshallJMP on April 24, 2020, 09:33:15 AM ---This falls under freedom of speech, but that doesn't mean he's right  ;D

--- End quote ---

Elegantly put!!

Ahhhhhh don't start me!!!  :lol:

It's just blatant buffonary.  The guy is clearly one of those people I despise.  A snob with painted on f**king ears!

I tell you one thing, I have never been a Metallica fan or a Paul Gilbert fan or anyone else who used an ADA MP1 so they aint my reasons for using one.  Not even sure now how I discovered MP1's.  I know the rack thing became a gradual progression and having a tube preamp in an MFX four cable method was the original implementation but I can't remember what prompted me to look into something like that as a solution  :dunno:

MarshallJMP:
Well I bought one because a friend of mine had one and the sound blew me away. Also the midi switching made it very interesting.

rnolan:
I bought one because back then I was using my Marshall with no master vol and no channel switching.  So I needed a lead vol boost.  With the MP1 I could have 128 Marshall's (better sound actually) at any volume I needed.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version