ADA Preamps > Original MP-1

My new rig includes an ADA MP1 and I need your help

(1/8) > >>

Panagiotisrx7:
Good day my friends.

So here's my rig:

Guitar --> ADA MP1 --> TC Electronic G Force --> Mesa Boogie 20/20 --> Palmer PGA04 --> Lexicon Omega soundcard --> KRK Rokit 5 active studio monitors

Following the above:

1) How do I know if I have an "original" or a "classic"?
2) How should I go connection wise?
    a) ADA's Output A & Output B to G Force's inputs and from G Force's outputs to Boogie's inputs, or
    b) ADA's FX Loop send to G Force's left input and out of G Force's left output to ADA's return input and from ADA's Output A & Output B to Boogie's inputs?

What do you think is the "best"?

Also can you advise any online stores with ADA parts just in case?

Thank you!!!

RandallRG:
Hey Dude as far as what unit you have it will say "Classic" on the front if it only says MP-1 well then you know what you have! As far as a "Online" store for parts etc Marshall is about the ONLY one that has any parts for the MP-1 (He is the MP-1 "Guru" around here)  :thumb-up: & as far as hooking it all up the correct & BEST way....I am sure Marshall or Rich will be on & help you out. Take it easy & Best of luck Dude! \m/  :metal:

Panagiotisrx7:
Thank you my friend.

Seems I have the original one.

I also saw Marshall's website and I am sure I will need to consume a bit of his time concerning what I'm thinking of doing and it what I'm thinking is possible, but will do so when I figure out the "right" way of hooking this up.

To tell you the truth I tried both ways I wrote above... with b) it seemed strange to me how the front output level and the back loop level interacted with G Force; resulting in me constuntly tweeking to find a sweet spot that would allow the units not to clip. Besides that, there was some noise overall and sounded that something was not quite right...

With a) things were quite noise wise and better overall, but I am still asking in case I'm missing something and should review things in a different way.

More questions will follow :-)

Thanks again!!!

MarshallJMP:
I would go the "A" route,else you will loose the stereo effect of the G force.My setup is the same (mp-1,G-force).And like you say the mp-1 effectloop is a tricky thing,i never use it.It seems some like it,some don't.

rnolan:
I agree  with MJMP, given the MP1 loop is serial it makes no sense to use it as the signal will be A/D converted regardless so go with the stereo approach and get the full potential of the G Force.  There's a slightly better way but it involves using a small stereo mixer that has at least 4 line inputs and 2 effect (Aux) sends.  This way you can preserve the analogue signal from the MP1 and mix in the G Force signal which has been A/D and then D/A converted.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version