ADA Depot - A Forum To Support Users of ADA Amplification Gear

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Let us never forget our beloved founder - RIP Jurrie, we all miss you very much

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: HDS's MP-2 MP1 (Michael Wagner) patch!  (Read 7680 times)

Harley Hexxe

• Superhero Member
Re: HDS's MP-2 MP1 (Michael Wagner) patch!
« Reply #15 on: Time Format »

Yeah, all my rigs sound great until I compare them to the ADA

Just remember, EQ is your friend here. It helps get closer to your ADA tones if you spend the time to get the EQ curve as close as possible. I think I've done that with my Fender Cyber amps.

@ Rick: I think you are looking at one of my live patches I made 12 years ago, give or take a year. They are some pretty raunchy tones!
I only have two brain cells left, ...and I'm saving them for the weekend!

rickeb1

« Reply #16 on: Time Format »

Harley is one of our long time users in here ;)
Interesting you're setting most all 9-band EQ's to zero to obtain a more direct/unflavored tone.
I remember Ross (Singtall) doing that too to get a pretty damn good Rectifier tone, using voicing 10 with gain and overdrive set all the way to the Sun.

Ahh, those proverbial internet beers; I quite a few floating around out there, should I ever meet those guys - or meat those girls :P ::) :amaze:

Funny you should mention that.  I randomly happened to come across an old video by Ross (Singtall) demoing the MP-2 Mesa tone (probably the one you remember) and in the comments he said his settings were:
"warm high gain preamp, drive 100, od 100, master 55, lo +2, mid -6, hi 0, pres +2,  no graphic eq at all!"

I tried it and it sounds really good, so I thought I'd pass it along!

Harley Hexxe

• Superhero Member
« Reply #17 on: Time Format »

I remember that video. He was spot-on with that Mesa tone
I only have two brain cells left, ...and I'm saving them for the weekend!

Dante

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
  • Nothing more uncommon than common sense
    • The Best Cover Band In Sacramento
« Reply #18 on: Time Format »

Harley is one of our long time users in here ;)
Interesting you're setting most all 9-band EQ's to zero to obtain a more direct/unflavored tone.
I remember Ross (Singtall) doing that too to get a pretty damn good Rectifier tone, using voicing 10 with gain and overdrive set all the way to the Sun.

Ahh, those proverbial internet beers; I quite a few floating around out there, should I ever meet those guys - or meat those girls :P ::) :amaze:

Funny you should mention that.  I randomly happened to come across an old video by Ross (Singtall) demoing the MP-2 Mesa tone (probably the one you remember) and in the comments he said his settings were:
"warm high gain preamp, drive 100, od 100, master 55, lo +2, mid -6, hi 0, pres +2,  no graphic eq at all!"

I tried it and it sounds really good, so I thought I'd pass it along!

I guess I know the first patch I'm gonna try when I bust out my ol' MP-2 (waiting on a new power amp to go with it). I like the Warm High Gain voicing, use it a lot
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up