Other ADA Gear > Combo Amps

Viper in it's natural habitat

<< < (2/3) > >>

Dante:
I figured I'd just add to this thread, rather than starting a new one. Here's a shot of the 5x12 rig I used at a recent outdoor show. Our PA was grossly underpowered, but we barely made it...I had very little headroom on the master gain of the mixer. The guitar rig, however, was just scratching the surface - she was LOUD.

I used the Viper for a 'head' of sorts, and mic'd it. I used a H&K 4x12 underneath the Viper, powered by a Crate Powerblock amp. I ran the recording out of the Viper into the little amp head and it PUMPED. Clean sounds were ultra glassy clean (I love that) and the 'modern' sound had a bit more bass than it should (probably the 4x12), so I used my 'classic' setting instead. It sounded amazing.

I've never tried this rig before, I typically just use the viper by itself. I have a 1x12 if I need that. The 4x12 is usually under my 4u rack rig, but since my MP2 is acting up, I used the Viper. I think for large gigs, this is my new rig. Here's a pic, you can see the Powerblock on the 4x12 with a mic bag on it. And, notice the Viper has a mic dangling in front of it - that's all that was running through the PA. Those of you on Faceb**k may have already seen this photo

rabidgerry:
Hopefully I don't upset anyone by this next comment, but aren't Blackstar amps pieces of  :poop: for sound?  This is certainly what I have heard.  Then again they are super popular???  But then again and again that doesn't make them good either lol.

Glad the Viper kicked "I have a blackstar" in the sack".

:poop: looking amps also

Dante:
Actually,  his Blackstar sounds pretty good. I know damn well he can't program it, I'm assuming he bought it already set up with killer patches and simply moved them to locations he could access with the footswitch. He plays pretty stock Ibanez RGs, with mid grade PUs, and it sounds pretty dang nice.

still... I don't wanna hear that 'i have a blackstar' crap as a response to every little hiccup I have with my gear either - lol - It's all good, I get jokes

Chucky:
About Blackstar, the few ones I tried sounded very harsh and bright.
Almost brittlish.
Then again there are so many variables: The tubes in them, the bias, the cabinet, etc.
But I was quite unimpressed compared to the press it gets.

Dante: You make me want to pull my Viper out of my bedroom!!  :P

I have too many options, some gear never gets to play as often as other shit.
But the Viper is a keeper. Such a cool piece of unseen gear.

Dante:
Just wait until I pair the Viper with the G-System.

I don't know why you wouldn't wanna use the Viper....It's light, and sounds big.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version