Miscellaneous > Introduce Yourself

Hello from Australia!!

(1/2) > >>

gb:
Hi all

well thank fk this site is back up and running. I wasnt well known from the old site however i have an ada depot shirt and cap i bought from (cant remember who organised it) a few years back .. and i missed the site!! I sold all my heads when i found my ada mp1. I only came to find the site again while i was researching and trying to work out what im doing wrong with my ada mp1 and mp2 (thank you marshalljmp for finding this for me!!) as when i crank my power amp they both sound thin and lost in the band but at low volumes it sounds perfect and my rhythm guitarists DSL50 head is shitting all over my ada mp1 or mp2 +VHT2902+marshall cab config. i got feedback today that i sound thin and too thrashy/fuzzy and not "clean" distorted considering im the lead! probably not for discussion here so i will start a new topic.

Thank you for coming back!!!

MarshallJMP:
Hey GB

Welcome back,let us know more of the problem you have and we'll all try to help out.

rnolan:
Hey GB, nice to have you back and totally share your sentiments regarding the depot forum  :thumb-up: , I'm in Canberra and happy to help anyway I can  ;)
Cheers Richard

Dante:
Welcome Back GB!!

It warms my heart to see this place thriving again. I can't keep up with all the activity in here!! Very cool.

I'm just really glad I figured out how to do it  :lol:

gb:
 :whoohoo!:

thanks guys! seriously glad the site is up and running.. many times i would check or search what happened to it etc.

Ive posted in the MP1 section. Perhaps i am treating my rack setup although simple, like a head. Im only just realising i have presence and depth controls on my power amp ASWELL as on the preamps .. and the preamps also have an output ASWELL as volume for OD1 and OD2 AND a Master so perhaps i dont have everything setup correctly or not understanding how 1 thing affects something else.

I noticed my MP2 was really ear piercingly harsh on the cleans on the high strings.. horrible then i released my presence on the power amp was all the way up and the same on the MP2 .. so now ive dropped all the colouring on the power amp and only use it for volume and let the preamp to do its thing. Sounds dull and muffled at low volumes but i would imagine as it gets louder it will open up the tonality.

I love both my preamps, at low volumes but i cant maintain that tone at loud volumes i just get washed out. Ill try find some audio to post so you can hear how the dsl50 has that presence over my tinny sound.

Once i nail this .. then next ill be hammering for help with midi and footswitches (i have a boss me50 and a rocktron midimate) and im usually good at this stuff but its doing my head in and i think i need a tutorial and handson training on how to make it work! lol

I think the MP2 is really going to be versatile with what i want to do onstage with boosting the volume for solos and things like that and the cleans are perfect for the songs we play.

rock on!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version