ADA Preamps > Original MP-1

What's everyone using for Poweramp?

(1/3) > >>

Duke of Metal:
Looking to put my MP-1 back into a rig to use.  What's everyone using for Poweramp now days ? 

Thanks

rnolan:
I've ended up with 3, ADA B200s in my new(ish) 4 RU rack, Carvin DCM200L in my 8 RU rack and Carvin TS100 in it's own 2 RU case. 

The TS100 is the later model with 2 x 12AX7 per channel, IIRC the earlier version only used 1 per channel.

Harley Hexxe:
Hey Duke,

Where have you been hiding, welcome back :thumb-up:

I still have Microtube 200s, and BS 200 power amps, but I also have a couple of Peavey 50/50 Classic power amps too which sound good with my MP-1 Classic. They're not too bad with the MP-2 either. What I'd really like to find these days and they are getting rarer than hens teeth, are Mesa 20/20 power amps.

Harley  8)

Duke of Metal:
Thanks guys.   

Hey Harley, I've been here buddy. I just come in hover around and look at posts.  Busy with life.  Hope you're well buddy.

Trying to build a rack rig back up slowly.  Still got my 3TM MP1 as well as my "Dukanator" that Hairston gave to me years ago.  Got a TC multi effects unit. Just looking for a Poweramp now. 

Trying to stay with solid-state if possible cause of the cost of tubes. 

Anyone try a Matrix Poweramp with an MP-1?

Dante:
Nice to see you in here Duke

I'm still using my MT200, kinda wish I would have hung on to my other one now because my MT100 is only working in one channel (pretty typical of those units)

To be honest, I'm not even using the rack stuff live...I know, blasphemy

@Harley: You are correct about those 20/20 Dyna Watt amps, very hard to find and now they're very costly too

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version