Other ADA Gear > ADA Effects

Dating a Flanger

(1/4) > >>

Robin:
Well, that subject line looks a bit odd, doesn't it?  Anyway, I just picked up an A/DA flanger, and I was wondering if anyone could help me figure out how old it is.  I've looked all over this forum for the schematics as I understand that that's one way to date these effects, but I can't find them.  So, here are the details about my flanger:  it uses a wall wart, the Threshold knob is slightly smaller than the other knobs, and there is a sticker on the PCB inside that says "222294." Other than that, the case looks like it's been thrown out of a moving car, but the flanger sounds sweet as can be.  Any info anyone could give me would be much appreciated. Thanks.

rnolan:
Yes it does look a bit odd LoL I've dated a few women but never a flanger...  I suspect there are some members that can help you put a date/year to your gadget and maybe MJMP can help with a schematic  :dunno: .  Maybe post (attach) a pic, we do like pics here (particularly Dante).  A/DA are making the flanger(s) again, seems they were quite popular (https://www.adaamps.com/products), it seems they were originally made in 1977 and 1978 when the world was a less complicated place.

Harley Hexxe:
Hey Robin,

The fact that that one uses a wall-wart instead of a hard wired AC cord would seem to suggest it may be from 1975-1976, unless someone modified it for a wall wart. The ones made in 1977 and up had the AC cord on them. This one sounds like it may be one that was built at the time of the Final Phase which still retains the wall-wart. For all we know, you might even have a prototype.

Let's see if MJMP can make any sense out of that.

Harley 8)

MarshallJMP:
You can usually date by looking at the manufacturing dates on the IC's. Can you take a pic of the pcb (top side) and post it?

Also does it have the SAD1024 BBD or the NE3010

Robin:
Thanks for all the replies so far.  I've attached pictures of the front and back of the unit, the front and back of the PCB, and a close up of a chip that says "Reticon" on it.  They're on a couple of posts because there are too many of them.  Now, having taken it apart and reassembled it, I hope it still works!  (And as I said before, the case itself looks like it was thrown out of a moving car...onto a dirt road...in a gravel pit.)  Please let me know what you all think.  Thanks.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version