Miscellaneous > Introduce Yourself

Hello ADA Depot

(1/3) > >>

Gregg:
I am refurbishing my brother's 2 ADA MP-2s starting off by performing the noise mod on them to clear up some power issues likely related to bad caps.  We will see what comes after that as there are likely other issues with them.

I have been fixing his aging 1990's audio gear as a hobby.  Recently fixed his Event Tria Triamp and his Carvin Quad X-Amp.

Content here is great.  Hoping I can contribute somehow. 

rnolan:
Hey Gregg, welcome to the depot (again lol).  Well your brother is a lucky guy to have you doing this stuff for him  :thumb-up: . 

One issue that has just come up again for someone is R913.  It may be a major contributor to the noise??  The test point to ground/chassis needs to be 190v or less, it's typically around 187v when normal.  If it's more than 190v replace R913 (on PCB just under V2).

Harley Hexxe:
Hi Gregg,
Welcome to the Depot :wave:

Gregg:

--- Quote from: rnolan on December 29, 2023, 09:03:32 PM ---Hey Gregg, welcome to the depot (again lol).  Well your brother is a lucky guy to have you doing this stuff for him  :thumb-up: . 

One issue that has just come up again for someone is R913.  It may be a major contributor to the noise??  The test point to ground/chassis needs to be 190v or less, it's typically around 187v when normal.  If it's more than 190v replace R913 (on PCB just under V2).

--- End quote ---

R913 240k ohms 1% @ 1/2 watt is in my DigiKey cart along with the noise mod caps.  Seemed like a good thing to replace while I am in there.  Appreciate the confirmation. 

rnolan:
Cool, the other one to check while you are in there is R611 for noise gate chatter see attached pdf  :wave:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version