ADA Depot - A Forum To Support Users of ADA Amplification Gear

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Let us never forget our beloved founder - RIP Jurrie, we all miss you very much

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Rocktron MidiMate will not change MP-1 patches!!  (Read 6856 times)

odeonmaxx

• OdeonMax Music

Am I doing something wrong? Or not have something set up properly?

Midimate - phantom power to MP-1. And yes, 7 pin cable. Tried with 5 pin as well. It will not change patches. But works fine to change with front controls. Even tried to power the pedal separately. No dice.

Would there be something up with the MP-1? Please point me in the right direction.

THANKS!!!!

ADA MP-1 - MosValve - Carvin 2x12

Systematic Chaos

• Administrator
  • Blood type: Becks Positive

Check if the MIDI channels you´ve set in both the MidiMate and the MP-1 are the same

MarshallJMP

• Superhero Member
    • marshalljmpmodshop.net

Set the midi channel on the MP-1 to all,so it recieves on all midi channels.

rnolan

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member

hey odeonmaxx, both SC and MJMP are on the money, it would seem a mismatch between the midi channel out put (sent) from your pedal to the MP1 midi receive channel. This can be midi ch 1 to 16 but each end needs to match or use the "ALL" channel catch all on the receive end (simplistically, so different midi enabled gadgets can talk to each other on different midi channels if you want). Typically (unless you have a more complex midi setup (which you don't)), a midi device (in your case the pedal) is sending out midi change information (in you case program change (i.e. go to program/patch 20)) on/over one of the midi channels (1 to 16) This channel assignment BTW is adjusted in the pedal.  The receiving device (in your case MP1) listens to these messages on midi channels you tell it to (e.g. pedal send on midi ch 1, MP1 set to listen on midi ch 1 which is what SC is saying, they have to be set to the same midi channel). Most midi gadgets, MP1 included, can listen to all midi channels at the same time ("All" is the setting, and what MJMP is saying), so it won't matter what channel your pedal is using to send midi change info (1 to 16) as the MP1 is listening to them all and will respond.
Studio Rig: Stuff; Live Rig: More Stuff; Guitars: A few

mjfan123

I am having the same problem. OP did you resolve the issue?

I bought a used Rocktron midi-mate from Guitar center, and am trying to follow the instructions from the manual to change the midi channels. On the pedal, I change it to channel 1, but it doesn't save, it goes back to being off when I scroll back. Maybe it's defective, in which case I will return it to Guitar Center.

I changed the channels on the MP-1 to both all and channel 1. The MP1 is in excellent condition and everything appears to work(just bought it from Ebay a few days ago.) And this didn't work to change presets.

Please advise if I am doing something wrong. This is my first experience with midi that's not a midi keyboard.

Thanks

rnolan

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member

Hey mjfan123, seems to me you are doing everything right  :thumb-up: (and it should be easy), first guess is it's the RMM, it should hold the channel assignment.  Maybe it needs a new memory battery (if it has one  :dunno: ) but it should save the change (unless your missing something in the manual (but it doesn't sound like you are)).Do you have anything else that sends/rec midi (eg a keyboard) just to test that 1 - your MP1 is receiving correctly (I suspect it is), and 2 - The RMM isn't saving channels and thus not sending sending midi instructions.  I'm thinking the RMM is defective and you should return it, but they are going to want to be convinced it doesn't work.  If there is a method to factory reset the RMM, try that (I'm not familiar with the RMM so not sure how complex it is or can be set up to be).

mjfan123

Hey mjfan123, seems to me you are doing everything right  :thumb-up: (and it should be easy), first guess is it's the RMM, it should hold the channel assignment.  Maybe it needs a new memory battery (if it has one  :dunno: ) but it should save the change (unless your missing something in the manual (but it doesn't sound like you are)).Do you have anything else that sends/rec midi (eg a keyboard) just to test that 1 - your MP1 is receiving correctly (I suspect it is), and 2 - The RMM isn't saving channels and thus not sending sending midi instructions.  I'm thinking the RMM is defective and you should return it, but they are going to want to be convinced it doesn't work.  If there is a method to factory reset the RMM, try that (I'm not familiar with the RMM so not sure how complex it is or can be set up to be).

I think this is a defective unit, luckily I got it from Guitar Center Used so I can return it. I tried to reset it, but got ERR code 15 and not ERR code 0 like it should have.

It's not remembering channel assignments, etc. Plus I'm not liking the look or layout that much anyway. I ended up buying a used Ground Control Pro on Reverb for a good price, which I hope will work better.

I'll let everyone know, Thanks.

rnolan

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member

I'm glad you could return it.  Hopefully the GC will do the trick  :thumb-up:

mjfan123

I'm glad you could return it.  Hopefully the GC will do the trick  :thumb-up:

Just got the GC, and it works! Now I can use the MP1 to it's full potential.

rnolan

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member

:whoohoo!: , good to hear  :thumb-up:

jimnastic

Hi,
A bit late to the rescue on this (by the looks of things!) but something I've just built is a 10 button midi controller (with 2 x CC pedals for mid volume and midi wah) using a (for £14 GBP) - Arduino ATmega2560 and a collection of random momentary switches.  Once you've had a play with the Arduino coding it's quite easy to assign things (for my MP2)

rnolan

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member

Very cool jimnastic  :thumb-up: , maybe start a new topic and show us how you did it (with some pics etc)
Pages: [1]   Go Up