• Welcome to ADA Depot - A Forum To Support Users of ADA Amplification Gear.

News:

Need a Schematic? Check the Vault *MP-1 Classic Schematics Just Added!!

Main Menu

Lockdown Recording using MP1

Started by rabidgerry, May 08, 2020, 12:36:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rabidgerry

Quote from: MarshallJMP on May 15, 2020, 06:36:43 AM
Does Cirith Ungol still exist? They were pretty amazing back in the day, I really liked it although they got really bad reviews when their first album came out.
Yeah I read that too, considered to be one of the worst metal bands of all time or something like that.

Personally I loved their albums.  Mind you one of them sounds like the guitar was recorded direct to the desk without any speakers.  Some I still love it!!

AS far as I know they exist in a live context only.  And it's a few of the original guys and some later members.

OH I stand corrected they released an album last Month!!  :o  First album since 1991 apparently.  I must check it out as I too love their other work.  Very unique band.
"whadda ya want? we want Heavy Metal"

Guitars:1986 Westone Dimension IV, 1989 Korean Squier Fat Strat Silver Series, 1998 Korean Squier Fat Strat, MIM Fender Fat Strat - FR, Squier Stagemaster Deluxe - Thru Neck x 2, Squier Stagemaster 22 Fret - 1st Gen, 1999 Squier Showmaster - Anniversary Edition, Squier Showmaster, Tokai FV40 Flying V

Effects:  Ada Mp1, Peavey Rockmaster, Boss GX700 Boss SX700 * Amps:   Rocktron Velocity 300 - Koch ATR4502 - Peavey Classic 50/50
Cabs: 4 x Bugera 2 x 12"
Midi Controller: Behringer FCB1010

Kim

Love Cirith Ungol too!  Not sure, but I believe it's just the original singer at this point....

MarshallJMP

And the drummer  :P

My fav album is still the first one, it was very special back in the day and still is IMO. Still have the first 3 albums on vinyl.

rabidgerry

Quote from: MarshallJMP on May 16, 2020, 11:56:55 AM
And the drummer  :P

My fav album is still the first one, it was very special back in the day and still is IMO. Still have the first 3 albums on vinyl.
Yeah I knew there was more than one original guy.  I think another guy has been there since the 80's though. I must check out the new album.

Guitars:1986 Westone Dimension IV, 1989 Korean Squier Fat Strat Silver Series, 1998 Korean Squier Fat Strat, MIM Fender Fat Strat - FR, Squier Stagemaster Deluxe - Thru Neck x 2, Squier Stagemaster 22 Fret - 1st Gen, 1999 Squier Showmaster - Anniversary Edition, Squier Showmaster, Tokai FV40 Flying V

Effects:  Ada Mp1, Peavey Rockmaster, Boss GX700 Boss SX700 * Amps:   Rocktron Velocity 300 - Koch ATR4502 - Peavey Classic 50/50

MarshallJMP

Checked the new album, way different than the first one but still good.

rabidgerry

What's it like compared to the second and third?

MarshallJMP

I just  send the (4) albums (MP-3) to you through We transfer, so you can compare yourself.