• Welcome to ADA Depot - A Forum To Support Users of ADA Amplification Gear.

ADA MP-1 Digital Modification

Started by GuitarBuilder, December 30, 2013, 11:09:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GuitarBuilder

I just rediscovered this project; it looks like the author has slowed down a little, but it's still pretty interesting.

http://mp1.damicos.net/
ADA and Rockman Heads
Marshall amps
Strats and Les Pauls

MarshallJMP

rnolan

Cool project, thanks for the link  :wave:
Studio Rig: Stuff; Live Rig: More Stuff; Guitars: A few

GuitarBuilder

Necropost warning......

I just checked on Mike D'Amico's site and it would appear he stopped working on this project in December 2014.  Bummer!  I was looking forward to a great result.
ADA and Rockman Heads
Marshall amps
Strats and Les Pauls

rnolan

Yeah I was hoping good things would come of it also.  Oh well, maybe he'll get back to it at some stage. :dunno:
Studio Rig: Stuff; Live Rig: More Stuff; Guitars: A few

MarshallJMP

El Chiguete

Maybe someone can contact him and invite him to this forum?
Before you see the light, you must die!!!

'87 Kramer Stagemaster Custom
'81 Kramer Pacer Standard
custom made Les Paul
ADA MP1
Rane MPE 28
Lexicon MPX-G2
Epiphone Valve Jr. moded!!!

AFFA
Support Your Local 81

Harley Hexxe

I think he's already a member

Harley 8)
I only have two brain cells left, ...and I'm saving them for the weekend!

vansinn

He is - or was on the old forum - a member; I don't remember his logon name, but can check the few old files from the old forum I do have outside of the crashed server drive (oh dear, the project of getting the stuff off that drive..)

Yeah, interesting project. I'd find it easier, though, reverse engineering the original code for adding things like CC.
Easy, well... it's one thing getting the code disassembled, but a much higher workload understanding every single line of machine generated assembly code and  adding comments to be able to work on it.. ;)

GuitarBuilder

Quote from: vansinn on June 10, 2016, 09:35:31 AM
He is - or was on the old forum - a member; I don't remember his logon name, but can check the few old files from the old forum I do have outside of the crashed server drive (oh dear, the project of getting the stuff off that drive..)

Yeah, interesting project. I'd find it easier, though, reverse engineering the original code for adding things like CC.
Easy, well... it's one thing getting the code disassembled, but a much higher workload understanding every single line of machine generated assembly code and  adding comments to be able to work on it.. ;)

His logon name was mcss
ADA and Rockman Heads
Marshall amps
Strats and Les Pauls

MarshallJMP

He's a member here but posted only once and was last online 477 days ago.

Harley Hexxe

Quote from: MarshallJMP on June 10, 2016, 01:18:00 PM
He's a member here but posted only once and was last online 477 days ago.

Isn't it funny how several of the old Forum members who used to be on every day, showed up here for a little while, then just seemed to lose interest?

Harley 8)

MarshallJMP

Peter H. Boer

Well, for some life gets in the way.

I still would like to see more bassplayers here, but that was a small bunch on the old forum too  :'(
Nothing beats MB-1s and MP-1s with MDRTs

http://www.thegrannyattic.com
http://www.Illumion.net
http://www.sote.nl

Harley Hexxe

Quote from: Peter H. Boer on June 12, 2016, 01:22:24 AM
Well, for some life gets in the way.

I still would like to see more bassplayers here, but that was a small bunch on the old forum too  :'(

Yes Peter, life does get in the way at times, just like with myself at the moment. With the extra work, and the social engagements I have going on at this point in time, I can't get to my rack to work on it and finish it. Still, the equipment isn't the only reason I come to this Forum. It's the people I've come to know here, who are some of the best personalities in the world, that keeps me coming back.

Harley 8)