ADA Depot Too - A Forum To Support Users of ADA Amplification Gear

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Let us never forget our beloved founder - RIP Jurrie, we all miss you very much

Pages: 1 ... 43 44 [45]   Go Down

Author Topic: what are you listening to this week?  (Read 191219 times)

rabidgerry

• Superhero Member
  • HEAVY METAL
    • Rabid Bitch of the North band facebook
Re: what are you listening to this week?
« Reply #660 on: Time Format »

one for MJMP, another awesome Belgian band!!!

"whadda ya want? we want Heavy Metal"

Guitars:1986 Westone Dimension IV, 1989 Korean Squier Fat Strat Silver Series, 1998 Korean Squier Fat Strat, MIM Fender Fat Strat - FR, Squier Stagemaster Deluxe - Thru Neck x 2, Squier Stagemaster 22 Fret - 1st Gen, 1999 Squier Showmaster - Anniversary Edition, Squier Showmaster, Tokai FV40 Flying V

Effects:  Ada Mp1, Peavey Rockmaster, Boss GX700 Boss SX700 * Amps:   Rocktron Velocity 300 - Koch ATR4502 - Peavey Classic 50/50
Cabs: 4 x Bugera 2 x 12"
Midi Controller: Behringer FCB1010

MarshallJMP

• Superhero Member
    • marshalljmpmodshop.net
« Reply #661 on: Time Format »

They were a good band, used to know the bass player very well.

rabidgerry

• Superhero Member
  • HEAVY METAL
« Reply #662 on: Time Format »

The first album is more straight ahead thrash metal, but both are fantastic and I am trying to track the original cd releases down (remastered cds are always put through a limiter and dynamics smashed) and not have to pay stupid prices for them.

Guitars:1986 Westone Dimension IV, 1989 Korean Squier Fat Strat Silver Series, 1998 Korean Squier Fat Strat, MIM Fender Fat Strat - FR, Squier Stagemaster Deluxe - Thru Neck x 2, Squier Stagemaster 22 Fret - 1st Gen, 1999 Squier Showmaster - Anniversary Edition, Squier Showmaster, Tokai FV40 Flying V

Effects:  Ada Mp1, Peavey Rockmaster, Boss GX700 Boss SX700 * Amps:   Rocktron Velocity 300 - Koch ATR4502 - Peavey Classic 50/50

rnolan

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
« Reply #663 on: Time Format »

Hey RG (remastered cds are always put through a limiter and dynamics smashed), interesting, that's not been my experience but then that's been with older stuff I spose e.g. all the Deep Purple 50th anniversary re-masters (and sometimes re-mixes ala Machine Head where you get a remastered CD and a remixed CD, the remix is awesome but they should have kept the original smoke on the water solo :( ) have always been much better than the original (mostly vinyl  ::) ).  Maybe they get fixated on the "gotta make it the loudest out there" syndrome (which IIRC is a bug bear of yours as well as mine).
Studio Rig: MP2/MB1 > Eurorack UB2442FX-Pro > TC M-One XL > Behringer Truths (with Truth Sub) / QUAD ESL 63s
Live Rig: MP2/MB1 > Alesis Quadverb > Alesis Midiverb 4 > Yamaha AM802 > B200s/Carvin TS100/DCM200L > ADA Split Stacks/Mesa P112s

rabidgerry

• Superhero Member
  • HEAVY METAL
« Reply #664 on: Time Format »

Hey RG (remastered cds are always put through a limiter and dynamics smashed), interesting, that's not been my experience but then that's been with older stuff I spose e.g. all the Deep Purple 50th anniversary re-masters (and sometimes re-mixes ala Machine Head where you get a remastered CD and a remixed CD, the remix is awesome but they should have kept the original smoke on the water solo :( ) have always been much better than the original (mostly vinyl  ::) ).  Maybe they get fixated on the "gotta make it the loudest out there" syndrome (which IIRC is a bug bear of yours as well as mine).

Strange, how old are these re-mastered versions?

Most albums these days never mind re-masters are producing almost square wav forms, certainly in the kind of music I listen too anyways.  It's all thanks to the loudness wars, it's totally bullshit.

rnolan

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
« Reply #665 on: Time Format »

Hey RG, they are pretty old, certainly mostly before the "loudness wars".  Most are CDs of LPs I have which I've picked up over the years as I no longer have a record player.  Most of them are just CDs made from the original master tapes so minus the jiggery pokery that gets applied when cutting to wax or whatever to make a vinyl record due to its limitations. Some of them have a couple of remixed tracks or previously unreleased songs that didn't fit the 10 song limit for a record, or alternate versions.  But when you check the wav forms they are (mostly) well within the dynamic range, as are all the mixes I've done of my own stuff.
Studio Rig: MP2/MB1 > Eurorack UB2442FX-Pro > TC M-One XL > Behringer Truths (with Truth Sub) / QUAD ESL 63s
Live Rig: MP2/MB1 > Alesis Quadverb > Alesis Midiverb 4 > Yamaha AM802 > B200s/Carvin TS100/DCM200L > ADA Split Stacks/Mesa P112s
Pages: 1 ... 43 44 [45]   Go Up