• Welcome to ADA Depot - A Forum To Support Users of ADA Amplification Gear.

How do I setup the trimpots?

Started by FoneBone, June 21, 2014, 09:41:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MarshallJMP

The OD2 has to be set to 10.0.

Now I checked 5 MP-1's I have lying around for the moment and 4 of them have the 2k pot and one has the 5k pot.  None of them had R46 installed.

Cpt Adama

Ok then the S.S. section is set right with OD2 set to 10. But I am wondering why T3 has really no effect on the voltage. Should I ignore that or search for something else that could be wrong?

Another thing I noticed from the v2 PCB layout sheet, it lists R46 value as OMIT, so thats another change they made from the original schematic.

Cpt Adama

I've tested another MP-1 v2 which has a 2KΩ T3 Trimpot. It was initially adjusted about 1 o'clock and was 0.87KΩ. The reading from U8 pin 1 was 11.2Vp-p and adjusting T3 "SEEMED" to have no effect, just like mine. Upon further examination, if you are not looking directly at the oscilloscope while changing T3 you won't notice a change. This is a very subtle adjustment and it barely moves the wave. Until I was looking at the scope and sweeping T3 from stop to stop, I didn't notice any change.

So I went back to mine swept it back and forth and then setting it to maximize the wave and bringing it back a "hair". Took a measurement of T3 and it was 0.88KΩ and around 1 o'clock as the other MP-1.

I'm calling the S.S. setting solved.

MarshallJMP, I know you've been through a lot of these and can you confirm that the adjustment of T3 is very subtle, and hard to see unless you sweep the trim pot?

MarshallJMP

rnolan

(I'm calling the S.S. setting solved.:whoohoo!: :thumb-up:
Studio Rig: Stuff; Live Rig: More Stuff; Guitars: A few