ADA Depot - A Forum To Support Users of ADA Amplification Gear

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Temp "Time Format" issue Fix in Discussions

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: mp2 output problems  (Read 16718 times)

gb

mp2 output problems
« on: Time Format »

I love my mp2 but recently this has been happening sounds like its farting out the speakers with no drive..on xlean it sounds worse.. I narrowed it to the mp2. Ive tried different tubes leads etc.. and its something in the mp2. If I leave it on long enough it slowly comes good. If I turn it off and on a few times it comes good.  Now every time first turns on it has this issue..

Dont mind my crap playing while holding the cam.. just to show what its doing

Hope its fixable..im sooo bummed

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dmKWCXhgRrc&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Heres is when it came good.. same patch

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i96CHwCjGTs&feature=youtube_gdata_player
« Last Edit: Time Format by gb »

MarshallJMP

• Superhero Member
    • marshalljmpmodshop.net
Re: mp2 output problems
« Reply #1 on: Time Format »

Is the compressor on in this preset?

gb

« Reply #2 on: Time Format »

Is the compressor on in this preset?

Compressor is set to OUT but makes no difference if I change it. This issue is on alll presets.

gb

« Reply #3 on: Time Format »

Ok I noticed when I change the wah filter from OUT to IN on PEDAL it came alive instantly.  I change it back to OUT it has that problem again. . After a few times of changing it it works both ways.

Also I dont have any midi or effects loops plugged in.. just guitar into mp2 and output to poweramp.
Is that any clue?
« Last Edit: Time Format by gb »

MarshallJMP

• Superhero Member
    • marshalljmpmodshop.net
« Reply #4 on: Time Format »

Well the compressor and wah can give some problems,usually it's the compressor.Now in your case it seems to be a switching problem.The switching is done with fets controlled by U202 (TC9164).What you could try is gently get the U202 out (it's in a socket) and put it back,could be a bad contact.

gb

« Reply #5 on: Time Format »

Well the compressor and wah can give some problems,usually it's the compressor.Now in your case it seems to be a switching problem.The switching is done with fets controlled by U202 (TC9164).What you could try is gently get the U202 out (it's in a socket) and put it back,could be a bad contact.

Found it.. its in an awkward spot but gently removed and popped back in and still no difference :(

Any ideas.. ?

gb

« Reply #6 on: Time Format »

It also appears if I just leave it as is it comes good afyer 5-10mins.. but the wah IN instantly works on first turn on..

cheachwood

« Reply #7 on: Time Format »

Hi gb,

Did you resolve your problem?
I have the same for months (not to say years) and no one could resolve my problem, I have to wait every time until all comes good. I am very disappointed because I don't use it anymore in live.
Sometimes My MP-2 stops working and I must wait more than an hour to get it back.
If somehow can help us it would be great.

rnolan

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
« Reply #8 on: Time Format »

Hey cheachwood, I feel for you, and lately, I've been pondering what the f$$k I'd do without my MP2 (it's been so reliable but it getting old...).  While you try to sort out what's wrong with it (and you could send it to MJMP in Belgium ??), you could buy a another MP2 (or 2.) to tied you over.
Studio Rig: Stuff; Live Rig: More Stuff; Guitars: A few

gb

« Reply #9 on: Time Format »

Sorry cheachwood I didnt see you're reply. Ive stopped recieving email alerts from the forum for some reason.

No I havent. Im the same as you. Itis disappointing to be honest bcause if I was confident it was reliable this would be my ultimate preamp!!.. I love it and its versatility.  But I cant wait for it and to come good in a live situation.

Mine appears to be an issue with the wah switching.  If I switch the wah IN it works fine but wah OUT I have o wait for it to come good. It will cost too much to send to marshalljmp.

Are these chips available to buy to replace. ?? Assuming thats the issue. Ive reseatd mine a few times and no change.

Migh have to find a broken one to get the part which is rare!!

MarshallJMP

• Superhero Member
    • marshalljmpmodshop.net
« Reply #10 on: Time Format »

Well this is a known problem with mp-2's.Usually it's the compressor switching,but sometimes it's also the wah that is giving this problem.I've been looking for a solution for this but i haven't found what is causing this problem.I have 3 mp-2's and they also have this problem but all 3 with the compressor.I already replaced all components that do the switching and nothing seems to help.Don't know what to do anymore.

rnolan

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
« Reply #11 on: Time Format »

Hey MJMP mine (2 x MP2s are still ok touch wood..), WTF is happening ? Can I help the thinking here ? well it's got to be something coz it used to work... What else could it be if it's not the switching ????

MarshallJMP

• Superhero Member
    • marshalljmpmodshop.net
« Reply #12 on: Time Format »

Well it's very strange,i get a signal on one end of the switching fet but not on the other side,don't know why and the strange thing is it goes away after a few minutes with mine and everything works fine.But i know with some people it take up to an hour.

gb

« Reply #13 on: Time Format »

Allll hope is lost haha.

Oh well one day you will find it.

rnolan

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
« Reply #14 on: Time Format »

Could it be an issue in the PCB ? hairline crack in a track ? something that's gets better when warmed up ?
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up