ADA Depot - A Forum To Support Users of ADA Amplification Gear

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please note "Depot New Registrations Temporarily Suspended" Please see discussions for how to register.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Hello from NYC!  (Read 1010 times)

TommyVonVoigt

Hello from NYC!
« on: Time Format »

Hey all, I just ordered myself an MP-1. It should be here next week. I'm super excited to give it a try!

I've moved further and further into the world of rack gear over the past year. I sold all my heads (except for one) and all of pedals. Once I went stereo with rack gear, it was all over for me.

I'm using Synergy modules and a Fryette 2502, along with an Eclipse and a PCM 81, all into a pair of Mesa OS 4x12s. Sounds pretty massive!

What brought me to the A/DA MP-1 is the clean sound. I'm just not quite getting where I want to go. I'm looking for that super compressed, super clean, covered in magic clean sound like you hear on so many 80s records. It's my understanding that something like a JC-120, Rockman, or MP-1 could get me there. So, I'm taking the plunge! Maybe I'll find some other awesome tones in there that I'll use, too!

Knowing how I am, I'm sure I'm going to want to tweak and tune this thing to make it the best it can possibly be. I guess we'll see what shape it's in when it gets here. I'm not sure what (if any) mods I might want to do just yet. I'm sure I'll be hitting up MarshallJMP soon :)

rnolan

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
Re: Hello from NYC!
« Reply #1 on: Time Format »

Cool, hopefully the MP-1 does all you want and more  :thumb-up: , I'm sure it will, they are great preamps.
Studio Rig: Stuff; Live Rig: More Stuff; Guitars: A few
Pages: [1]   Go Up