ADA Depot - A Forum To Support Users of ADA Amplification Gear

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Temp "Time Format" issue Fix in Discussions

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Another Aussie!?  (Read 1375 times)

MR THUD

• MR THUD
Another Aussie!?
« on: Time Format »

Hi guys,

By way of introduction, my name is Gerard (everyone just calls me ‘G’) I’m originally from Ireland but now living in Australia.

I just got my first ADA MP1 yesterday, its a version 1 unit and this forum and members are already helping me bring it back to life!
So thank you all for building and maintaining such a great resource!

Being old… I can remember the first ads for the MP1 back in the day and always wanted to try one, but I ended up finding a Marshall JMP-1 first (Which I loved!). So am super excited to finally have a ADA MP1 and I’m looking forward to trying to capture some Vitto tones.

I have played in hard rock bands since the 80’s, in South Africa (Exocet), Ireland (So What!) and now Australia (MR THUD).
Im currently still playing in MR THUD here in Australia and also a fresh new 3 piece tribute show band paying tribute to Thin Lizzy, Van Halen and Ozzy.

My daily driver backline is two ENGL Powerball heads and a TC Electronics GForce into 4 Marshall cabs (1960 series and JCM800).. so you won’t be surprised to hear that on discovering patch 1 on my MP1 I was instantly in heaven! Brings back JMP-1 memories and had me remembering Vitto riffs!

Other than live music, I enjoy recording and I have built a non commercial studio here and MR THUD have released a couple of albums from it. We pride ourselves on using as much analog gear as we can, no computers, just guitars, valve amps, acoustic drums, no quantising, no auto tune, just an older Soundcraft Desk (Series TWO 32channel) and plenty of retro outboard racks. We unfortunately stopped short at tape machines and use two Alesis HD24 units.
Anyway we have a large enough live room to make recording and experiments fun and I look forwarding to double tracking with the ADA MP1 and my usual ENGLs.

Im interested to hear what multi effects people think pairs best with the MP1.
In the studio I have a few to try: A Yamaha GEP50, Alesis Quadraverb GT, Alesis Midiverb V, Yamaha SPX990, TC Electronics MoneXL, Lexicon PCM80.

Im keen to find one that works well and then house it in the same rack case with the MP1 and a Scorpion power amp, to be a back up live rig perhaps.

Anyway, thats probably more than enough intro.. So, to sum up:
Like the ADA MP1 Im road worn, I love being plugged into a wall of 4x12 cabs, was made for hard rock music and still think I’m living in the 80’s! hahaha..

Cheers!
G.

MarshallJMP

• Superhero Member
    • marshalljmpmodshop.net
Re: Another Aussie!?
« Reply #1 on: Time Format »

I love being plugged into a wall of 4x12 cabs, was made for hard rock music and still think I’m living in the 80’s! hahaha..

Well you sound just like me  ;D

Dante

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
  • Nothing more uncommon than common sense
    • The Best Cover Band In Sacramento
« Reply #2 on: Time Format »

Mr Thud,

I'd use the G-force with the MP-1 via 4CM (or just get a G-system, that works great too)

I'm currently using a Boss GX-700 with both rack rigs. The first one was cheap, and laid out just like my old GT-8, so I figured it out quickly. I found another one for even cheaper...so, yeah. It's okay, but I find a couple effects lacking (mostly pitch based stuff - which I have a Pitch Fork for). I used a Quadraverb with my MP-2 for probably 15 years. It worked, but it's pretty dated now. I had a GT for a while too, but it's long gone now.

Good luck with whatever you decide to use, and I must remind you (and everyone on here)
 :postpics:

;D

Here's my G-system rig with the MP-1 Classic. It's sitting on a Viper I no longer own. I just used the Viper as a speaker cab.
« Last Edit: Time Format by Dante »

Harley Hexxe

• Superhero Member
« Reply #3 on: Time Format »

Hey G and welcome to the Forum :wave:

If you ever get around the Perth area, look up Ragdoll, You'll like them :thumb-up:

Harley 8)
I only have two brain cells left, ...and I'm saving them for the weekend!

rabidgerry

• Superhero Member
  • HEAVY METAL
    • Rabid Bitch of the North band facebook
« Reply #4 on: Time Format »

Two Gerard's and both Irish, who would have thought eh?

Good to have another Gerard on the forum!
"whadda ya want? we want Heavy Metal"

Guitars:1986 Westone Dimension IV, 1989 Korean Squier Fat Strat Silver Series, 1998 Korean Squier Fat Strat, MIM Fender Fat Strat - FR, Squier Stagemaster Deluxe - Thru Neck x 2, Squier Stagemaster 22 Fret - 1st Gen, 1999 Squier Showmaster - Anniversary Edition, Squier Showmaster, Tokai FV40 Flying V

Effects:  Ada Mp1, Peavey Rockmaster, Boss GX700 Boss SX700 * Amps:   Rocktron Velocity 300 - Koch ATR4502 - Peavey Classic 50/50
Cabs: 4 x Bugera 2 x 12"
Midi Controller: Behringer FCB1010

Peter H. Boer

• 2* MB-1 1*MP-1 + Jur's old Mod4Mk2
    • The Granny Attic
« Reply #5 on: Time Format »

Well G, Hi and Welcome  :thumb-up:
Nothing beats MB-1s and MP-1s with MDRTs

http://www.thegrannyattic.com
http://www.Illumion.net
http://www.sote.nl