ADA Depot - A Forum To Support Users of ADA Amplification Gear

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Temp "Time Format" issue Fix in Discussions

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8   Go Down

Author Topic: Self Quaranteen Stories  (Read 14489 times)

Rusty

Re: Self Quaranteen Stories
« Reply #30 on: Time Format »

@Rusty, yes all musicians are like that  :facepalm: For the moment I'm isolating my workspace so I had to move around some stuff, the things that come out when you do this ,ahrg.
Yes I also do other stuff, working on old jukeboxes but only the electronics, a friend of mine does restorations and he brings in the amps and sometimes I go over to his place to figure out some elektro mechanical things. Also work on pinball machines, electronic and elektro mechanical types. Here I do everything, so full restorations. And from time to time arcade games. I also have 5 pinball machines and one mame arcade game.

Fantastic MJMP,

Great mind, great hands sir,

I love vintage electro electronic stuff too,   :)

Rusty

« Reply #31 on: Time Format »

Honestly, I haven't been doing so much with music, or music gear lately.  Just feeling burnt out with it and going through that phase again I guess.   But I got my bike back together and all ready to go for the season....   

https://www.dropbox.com/s/wh1ojc8lffrsjbn/20200329_194118.mp4?dl=0

Kim !

The Bike, I know it's a custom HD, What have you got there?

That's some cycle you got there,  Beautiful !    A good one mister !

Give us more detail of the machine man?

My bro's owned several custom HD's before. My bro's are long term motorcyclers, Harleys, Triumphs, BSA, and loads of the Japaneese stuff.

Ducatti's now. Italian road bikes and well made.

Me,,,   Just a nice Canadian made Norco bicycle. 

Kim!   tell us more please,   

is that an Evolution 1340 engine ? Nah,,  Im wrong, just seen the other side,  a Shovel head ?

Ahh,,  the custom chrome,,    Ahh, man, sweet man !!!!!!

More about the Bike Please?

:headbanger:
« Last Edit: Time Format by Rusty »

rabidgerry

• Superhero Member
  • HEAVY METAL
    • Rabid Bitch of the North band facebook
« Reply #32 on: Time Format »

@Kim, jeez that's a nice bike.  I doubt I could even keep that upright never mind ride it!!

@MJMP love pinball machines!!  Not very good mind you until I get familiar with the machine!  Long time since I played one.

@Rusty so what are you doing with that amp?  Looks like it need a good bit of disinfectant  :lol:
"whadda ya want? we want Heavy Metal"

Guitars:1986 Westone Dimension IV, 1989 Korean Squier Fat Strat Silver Series, 1998 Korean Squier Fat Strat, MIM Fender Fat Strat - FR, Squier Stagemaster Deluxe - Thru Neck x 2, Squier Stagemaster 22 Fret - 1st Gen, 1999 Squier Showmaster - Anniversary Edition, Squier Showmaster, Tokai FV40 Flying V

Effects:  Ada Mp1, Peavey Rockmaster, Boss GX700 Boss SX700 * Amps:   Rocktron Velocity 300 - Koch ATR4502 - Peavey Classic 50/50
Cabs: 4 x Bugera 2 x 12"
Midi Controller: Behringer FCB1010

Kim

• Administrator
  • If it's too Loud...you're gonna get more of THAT.
« Reply #33 on: Time Format »

Kim !

The Bike, I know it's a custom HD, What have you got there?

Thanks!  I've had it for about 5 years now, it's a 1995 Softail "Fatboy" with the 1340 Evo engine.  I just put new gaskets in it, all fluids changed, installed a new rear brakelight switch, new fuel filter and petcock assy. replaced a few rubber hoses, etc.  The vid was the first start of this year, after everything buttoned up besides the seat.  I only rode it twice since then; added 35 miles (56 km).  It's been a bit too chilly here yet so I am keen to get back on the road as soon as I can!

Motorcycles have been a passion of mine since I was about 14 years old or so.  I used to steal my dad's motorcycle at that age when he was gone to work and I'd illegally ride it all over the county.  I'd make sure to park it back in the garage exactly how I found it, and wipe it all off.   I've had several bikes over the rest of the years, all Japanese bikes and none really interesting (except for a modded '86 Suzuki GS1100) until my first Harley almost 20 years ago.  It was a '67 XLH Sportster and I didn't have it very long before it blew apart and would've costed far more to repair than what the whole bike was even worth.  After that I was "between bikes" until this one came along.   I don't "bash" other brands, I love 2 wheels.  But to me, the HD has a soul.  It feels like it lives and breathes with you, if you know what I mean.  The Japanese bikes I've had were nice, but they only felt like machines.   

Rusty

« Reply #34 on: Time Format »

To the Forum and Rabidgerry

I wright to you with Honesty

Gerry,  RG, the rabbid bitch from the North.

= One of those beautiful Diamonds that are very hard to find on this earth !

Rusty.

vansinn

« Reply #35 on: Time Format »

Oh no, pls no more bike pics ;)  I so want me a Suzuki SV1000.

Can't really say I'm quarantined here at the trailer park while unemployed.
Haven't done too much lately, mostly studying, and about setting up my awning (fore-tent to camper) again after it collapsed in an abysmal 20 m/s storm.

Been thinking of visiting a swinger club, but they have cameras and C:-) will disperse anything exceeding 10 ppl, so..
Mmnn.. local store don't carry Corona beer these days, damn.
- just some dirty jokes, folks :facepalm: :o

rabidgerry

• Superhero Member
  • HEAVY METAL
« Reply #36 on: Time Format »

@Rusty

Man I just empathised with you.  I didn't mention this at the time, but I was out of work for about 5 years at one point.  Hardest days I faced in life some of them.  Not long after I finished in Art College it was.  Then I started working in a shop in the stockroom dept after quitting my college part time job in a different shop with the aim of being made permanent and full time hours.  I didn't make friends with the boss so good and before you know it, Christmas had been and went and I was not kept on. 

That was the start of 5 years unemployment.  This made keeping the band together even more difficult.  But somehow we got through.  Managed to get a few temp jobs then and eventually I bagged one that allowed me to become permanent.  On two occasions with those temp jobs, two super kind people give me an opportunity to put food on the table so I will never forget them.  Those kind of things matter.  So from that point on I've been in work since, now about 10 years and despite near getting fired a few times (one quite recently), having a job helped finance the band, and eventually we started to get places once our manager got involved, and all the pieces started falling together.  We even made it to Belgium where the great and amazing MJMP came to watch 'lil old me and the boys do our thing!!!!

So basically I been there Rusty, I been there man!  And you know I was honest, didn't screw the system for all I could, I took the basic social security and did what I could with it unlike these benefit fraud cheating bastards littered throughout the country.  But yeah I know what it's like and I'm sure a few other guys on here do too so it was my pleasure.  Just enjoy 'em my man  :thumb-up:

And thanks once again for your tribute, there was no need, but I totally appreciate it.  So I know it all meant something to ya  ;)

Guitars:1986 Westone Dimension IV, 1989 Korean Squier Fat Strat Silver Series, 1998 Korean Squier Fat Strat, MIM Fender Fat Strat - FR, Squier Stagemaster Deluxe - Thru Neck x 2, Squier Stagemaster 22 Fret - 1st Gen, 1999 Squier Showmaster - Anniversary Edition, Squier Showmaster, Tokai FV40 Flying V

Effects:  Ada Mp1, Peavey Rockmaster, Boss GX700 Boss SX700 * Amps:   Rocktron Velocity 300 - Koch ATR4502 - Peavey Classic 50/50

Dante

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
  • Nothing more uncommon than common sense
    • The Best Cover Band In Sacramento
« Reply #37 on: Time Format »

Nice to see people still making friends and helping each other up here on the Depot  :thumb-up:

@Kim: I think you already know this, but I sold my bike last summer. I've had bikes all my life, since my dad made the mistake of telling me I could have a dirtbike when I turned 12 (he said that when I was 10 and thought I'd forget - haha!) Dad did the right thing, he picked up a crappy ol' Yamaha YZ80 and we got the damn thing to start when we got it home.

After that, I had bike after bike. All Jap bikes, I was never a Harley guy. My dad had a few (had a Fat Boy too!).

TBH: for the last year or so, something changed for me...I got scared. I had never been scared to ride, but after a few close calls on the road, I was riding so defensively, it wasn't fun. I said goodbye to the bike. Not sure if I'll get another one.

@Rusty: That amp? HOLY SMOKES! I was like....why bother?

Rusty

« Reply #38 on: Time Format »

@Rusty: That amp? HOLY SMOKES! I was like....why bother?

I know Dante, I couldn't resist taking pics of it, It's crazy what some people ask sometimes to be restored/repaired.   :crazy:   :lol:
That amp is 1000,000% garbage,

rabidgerry

• Superhero Member
  • HEAVY METAL
« Reply #39 on: Time Format »

After that, I had bike after bike. All Jap bikes, I was never a Harley guy. My dad had a few (had a Fat Boy too!).

TBH: for the last year or so, something changed for me...I got scared. I had never been scared to ride, but after a few close calls on the road, I was riding so defensively, it wasn't fun. I said goodbye to the bike. Not sure if I'll get another one.

Totally get that man, it's a shame, but then riding bikes is dangerous.  My brother has some kind of crazy Bike.  He was never into Bikes and then a few years ago he bought one.  He lives in Germany and has rode from there across Poland and Holland.  When I visited him before, he asked if I wanted to go out on the bike, like on the back.  I said no lol

Me??  I don't even drive  :lol:  I can operate a car, but I never learned properly or took my test.  I just moved out of my parents when I was 18 and moved close to stuff I needed.  In hindsight having a car for the band stuff would be amazing but hey plenty of time for that!  ;D

@Rusty, so uh what is happening with the zombie amp?  That;s what it equates too  :lol:

rnolan

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
« Reply #40 on: Time Format »

I know that amp seems like a lost cause, I've never seen anything that rusted out before, but hey, it would be great to bring it back from the dead (albeit a LOT of work).
Studio Rig: Stuff; Live Rig: More Stuff; Guitars: A few

Rusty

« Reply #41 on: Time Format »

@ RG and Richard,

Yea, that amp was brought to me a few years ago and It’s still here lying in the junk pile.
Me and the guy who brought it to me had a big long outburst of laughter when he asked me “could it be restored ?”

I said to him, Ahhhhh, have you lots of money and can weght about a year or two?

Both of us just busted out laughing again.

It’s next destination is the city dump yard.

Also,

To van Sinn, if you read this.

Sorry if I cracked up with you, I removed that post. I do wish to apologise to you if you can accept it.

This whole corona thing was/is getting on my nerves, all I see on the news is death, quarantine etc, etc, and I’m worried about about it. It’s nothing to be taken lightly I don’t think.

Please do come back though.

Peace.

Rusty

« Reply #42 on: Time Format »

OK folks,

Here’s a view from out of my top window,

That guy moored up sometime last night in the ‘wee’ hours.

That's the channel dredger for the river.

I live down on the docks.

And another one,   The cannon was owned by the USA Marine Core when they where stationed here.

And another, owned the the US Marine Core, called 'The Sea Eagle' building.

:)

rabidgerry

• Superhero Member
  • HEAVY METAL
« Reply #43 on: Time Format »

I sit in my kitchen looking out a my scummy back garden!  Here is what I see.

I'm selling my house so I don't really give a shit what it looks like too much as I wont be staying!  Seen a couple of sparrows getting it on earlier!  Seems to be the season for birds mating!

Dante

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
  • Nothing more uncommon than common sense
    • The Best Cover Band In Sacramento
« Reply #44 on: Time Format »

I'm working every day, we print food cartons (boxes for butter, cups for oatmeal & cereal). In my off time, because I have no band practice or sports right now, I'm tending to my garden. I moved into my house last year, and didn't do anything with the back yard (yet). It's a barren field of weeds. I have a garden every summer, so it was strange not having one last year...thank goodness I have time this year. I built a couple raised beds and bought good dirt from the worm farm, then put another dozen pots on a sheet of black plastic (to kill the weeds).

I'll post some pix later, but I'm growing: Tomatoes, Basil, Carrots, Beets, Green Onions, White Onions, Sweet Peppers, Hot Peppers, Strawberries, and Cucumbers.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8   Go Up