ADA Depot - A Forum To Support Users of ADA Amplification Gear

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Let us never forget our beloved founder - RIP Jurrie, we all miss you very much

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8   Go Down

Author Topic: Self Quaranteen Stories  (Read 14345 times)

rabidgerry

• Superhero Member
  • HEAVY METAL
    • Rabid Bitch of the North band facebook
Re: Self Quaranteen Stories
« Reply #15 on: Time Format »

Sorry to hear Rusty.

Don't get me wrong, I think there is shady stuff going on in the world, may be even some of those things mentioned (not the moon landing one  :lol: ), but not this.
"whadda ya want? we want Heavy Metal"

Guitars:1986 Westone Dimension IV, 1989 Korean Squier Fat Strat Silver Series, 1998 Korean Squier Fat Strat, MIM Fender Fat Strat - FR, Squier Stagemaster Deluxe - Thru Neck x 2, Squier Stagemaster 22 Fret - 1st Gen, 1999 Squier Showmaster - Anniversary Edition, Squier Showmaster, Tokai FV40 Flying V

Effects:  Ada Mp1, Peavey Rockmaster, Boss GX700 Boss SX700 * Amps:   Rocktron Velocity 300 - Koch ATR4502 - Peavey Classic 50/50
Cabs: 4 x Bugera 2 x 12"
Midi Controller: Behringer FCB1010

MarshallJMP

• Superhero Member
    • marshalljmpmodshop.net
« Reply #16 on: Time Format »

Mutron octave devider (I want that sound Accept has on the Neon Nights) and a Rangermaster (found some original OC44's in my parts stock)

I need to know how the Mutron goes!  Please keep me updated.  I find I can fake that sound using my harmonizers in certain ways.  But I spoke with you before about really digging that Neon Nights tone, so if you make a good clone let me know how it goes.

You buy the kit or make the kit up yourself?

I'd be into the rangemaster one but I already bought a premade one.  Has a dial that allows more low end into the sound which I have found very useful.

I make it all myself, that's part of the fun  :D The range master is actually a very simple design, 3 resistors, a pot, a germanium transistor and 3 caps.
I'll let you know how it works out with the mutron but I'm using the original schematics and try to use the original parts.

Also forgot our bass player asked me to build him a distortion with tubes, so I'm working on that one too. I have finished a prototype for him to try out.
« Last Edit: Time Format by MarshallJMP »

Dante

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
  • Nothing more uncommon than common sense
    • The Best Cover Band In Sacramento
« Reply #17 on: Time Format »

DAMMIT MJMP, we are all gonna bug the shit outta you for pedals now - haha!

As for this conspiracy theory crap, don't believe that spin that 'they died from previous issues' unless their immune system was compromised. And, while I'm sure people are dying of other causes with the virus in their system, but that's certainly not the norm. It's what's getting the press in this whole spin, but it's not the norm.

As I understand it (my sister works in the Hospital - gives me all the poop - tells me stories I don't particularly want to hear), this virus makes your immune system overreact, causing your lung sacks to fill with sticky fluid, not just water....it clogs up the sacks, so you cannot get enough oxygen. Hence, the ventilators to keep people alive.

The problem is (and this is actually happening vS, trust me), we don't have enough of the machines to keep everyone alive and doctors are being forced to prioritize which patients have a better chance to survive. Like transplant rules, the patient with the best chance of survival gets what they need. It sucks, but a 60 year old man isn't gonna get one if a 40 year old shows up needing it. :( Tough decisions that a doctor (whose sole purpose is to preserve life) has to make. Not fair.

Rant over - let's hear about them stomp boxes!!

MarshallJMP

• Superhero Member
    • marshalljmpmodshop.net
« Reply #18 on: Time Format »

Well over here we had a capacity of 2050 beds in the ICU's in all the hospitals in Belgium. At the peak 1200 of these were occupied. So here it was never a problem although plans were made to give priority to younger people.

About the stomp boxes, just having some fun. DIY is a lot cheaper then buying these.  ;)

rabidgerry

• Superhero Member
  • HEAVY METAL
« Reply #19 on: Time Format »

Already heard similar things over here Dante, I heard the other day some elderly patient was being forced to sign an agreement that if they died they wouldn't be resuscitated  and the person didn't want to and they were told well if it comes down to the Dr will probably not do it anyway.  So there you go.  Brutal!

So MJMP will your Mu-Tron be better than the currently available re-issue/clone/whatever you want to call it Wolf Hoffman is currently using?

« Last Edit: Time Format by rabidgerry »

Guitars:1986 Westone Dimension IV, 1989 Korean Squier Fat Strat Silver Series, 1998 Korean Squier Fat Strat, MIM Fender Fat Strat - FR, Squier Stagemaster Deluxe - Thru Neck x 2, Squier Stagemaster 22 Fret - 1st Gen, 1999 Squier Showmaster - Anniversary Edition, Squier Showmaster, Tokai FV40 Flying V

Effects:  Ada Mp1, Peavey Rockmaster, Boss GX700 Boss SX700 * Amps:   Rocktron Velocity 300 - Koch ATR4502 - Peavey Classic 50/50

MarshallJMP

• Superhero Member
    • marshalljmpmodshop.net
« Reply #20 on: Time Format »

Well I guess we'll have to wait and see but since I'm making an exact copy ...

rabidgerry

• Superhero Member
  • HEAVY METAL
« Reply #21 on: Time Format »

Well I guess we'll have to wait and see but since I'm making an exact copy ...
well you know I'm going to want one right?  :thumb-up:  ;)  I'll buy one from you when the time comes.

Rusty

« Reply #22 on: Time Format »

Trying to kill precious time positively here doing some overdue repair jobs.

1, A Fender DeVille: The fault was a burned out screen grid resistor that almost burned a hole through the circuit board on it's way out. The Cause, = A bad 6L6-GC power valve that shorted internally. All sorted now, repaired, tested and re-assembled.

2, A Thomann electronic digital keyboard. The problem was, some notes not working. I stripped it down and serviced it. The problem; It had dirty elecronic key switch pads and needed a good clean up and servicing. All good now, put back together and back in bizz again.

Thats all I'm at folks, I got more stuff laying around thats going to get looked at and repaired.

Rusty.

rabidgerry

• Superhero Member
  • HEAVY METAL
« Reply #23 on: Time Format »

I love the randomness of all the stuff you have lying around Rusty!

Dante

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
  • Nothing more uncommon than common sense
    • The Best Cover Band In Sacramento
« Reply #24 on: Time Format »

2, A Thomann electronic digital keyboard. The problem was, some notes not working. I stripped it down and serviced it. The problem; It had dirty elecronic key switch pads and needed a good clean up and servicing. All good now, put back together and back in bizz again.

Rusty -
I just did the same thing to my 49key USB controller keyboard. I had some dead keys, took the whole thing apart and cleaned it out - good as new!

MarshallJMP

• Superhero Member
    • marshalljmpmodshop.net
« Reply #25 on: Time Format »

I love the randomness of all the stuff you have lying around Rusty!

The life of a tech, you won't believe what people sometimes bring in, isn't that right Rusty ?  ;D

Rusty

« Reply #26 on: Time Format »

Hiya RG, yes there is stuff laying all around my house, I became a hoarder for a load of years of with sorts of electronic and musical items. Are all musicians like that I’m wondering RG?   :)

Hey Dante, happy days, It’s a nice buzz to fix your own stuff by yourself. Keep the flag flying boy.   :thumb-up:

Hey MJMP, your dead right there sir, anything and everything, it’s mad what some people bring to you ain't it.  :)
You must have done a vast variety of repair work with your experience throughout the years I bet ya, not just musical equipment.

Here’s one for you’s, check out the pics,

A guy wanted me to do a repair/restoration job on a 1960’s valve amp, I told him, "Geez man, my name isn't St Rusty",
I plugged it in for him to see if it worked.    :lol:

Check it out,  LOL     :lol:   
« Last Edit: Time Format by Rusty »

Kim

• Administrator
  • If it's too Loud...you're gonna get more of THAT.
« Reply #27 on: Time Format »

Honestly, I haven't been doing so much with music, or music gear lately.  Just feeling burnt out with it and going through that phase again I guess.   But I got my bike back together and all ready to go for the season....   

https://www.dropbox.com/s/wh1ojc8lffrsjbn/20200329_194118.mp4?dl=0 

rabidgerry

• Superhero Member
  • HEAVY METAL
« Reply #28 on: Time Format »

Hiya RG, yes there is stuff laying all around my house, I became a hoarder for a load of years of with sorts of electronic and musical items. Are all musicians like that I’m wondering RG?   :)

Hey Dante, happy days, It’s a nice buzz to fix your own stuff by yourself. Keep the flag flying boy.   :thumb-up:

Hey MJMP, your dead right there sir, anything and everything, it’s mad what some people bring to you ain't it.  :)
You must have done a vast variety of repair work with your experience throughout the years I bet ya, not just musical equipment.

Here’s one for you’s, check out the pics,

A guy wanted me to do a repair/restoration job on a 1960’s valve amp, I told him, "Geez man, my name isn't St Rusty",
I plugged it in for him to see if it worked.    :lol:

Check it out,  LOL     :lol:   
Jesus!  Is that actually salvageable?  Just insane the whole thing.

Where did the guy come from that brought that to you Rusty?

Yes I'm sure you have some stuff lying about also MJMP  :lol:  It's kinda cool but probably hard to keep track off sometimes.

Honestly, I haven't been doing so much with music, or music gear lately.  Just feeling burnt out with it and going through that phase again I guess.   But I got my bike back together and all ready to go for the season....   

https://www.dropbox.com/s/wh1ojc8lffrsjbn/20200329_194118.mp4?dl=0 
  Yes I hear ya man.  Struggling really having been fired up at the start of the year for the second album.  We have the guts of 5-6 I can't even remember.  Just no motivation whilst imprisoned at home.

MarshallJMP

• Superhero Member
    • marshalljmpmodshop.net
« Reply #29 on: Time Format »

@Rusty, yes all musicians are like that  :facepalm: For the moment I'm isolating my workspace so I had to move around some stuff, the things that come out when you do this ,ahrg.
Yes I also do other stuff, working on old jukeboxes but only the electronics, a friend of mine does restorations and he brings in the amps and sometimes I go over to his place to figure out some elektro mechanical things. Also work on pinball machines, electronic and elektro mechanical types. Here I do everything, so full restorations. And from time to time arcade games. I also have 5 pinball machines and one mame arcade game.

@RG Yes that's salvageable BUT at what cost.

@Kim, ahh bikes, also fun to work on, cars too.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8   Go Up