• Welcome to ADA Depot - A Forum To Support Users of ADA Amplification Gear.

News:

Let us never forget our beloved founder - RIP Jurrie, we all miss you very much

Main Menu

Is your ADA MT-100 (Microtube 100) only workin in one channel? Try this

Started by Dante, May 18, 2024, 09:37:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Harley Hexxe

Quote from: MarshallJMP on May 30, 2024, 01:42:24 PMThere are 2 ways to measure the current, masure the voltage over the white 0.1 ohm power resistor, ballpark is 40 to 50 mV (milli volts!!!) or take the fuse out and put an ampmeter bewteen the fuse lugs and there you should get between 40-50mA.

This is useful.

I'm also thinking since I'm going to have the amp open and replacing the power transistors, maybe I should also replace caps at the same time?
I only have two brain cells left, ...and I'm saving them for the weekend!

rnolan

I'm also thinking since I'm going to have the amp open and replacing the power transistors, maybe I should also replace caps at the same time? 

Hey Harley, sounds prudent, the caps are old :thumb-up:
Studio Rig: Stuff; Live Rig: More Stuff; Guitars: A few

MarshallJMP

Did that to Dante's MT100, but it's hard to find those 4700µF/80V caps in an axial housing. Good thing ADA also have the holes to put in a snapin cap (even 2 in parallel). I got these from mouser, if you want I can get you the part number. Found a 4700µF/80V snapin that fits so no need to put in 2 2200µF caps  like it was intended.

Harley Hexxe

Richard,

I know, that's why I'm thinking of it. All my ADA power amps are original, and I'm sure the caps are in need of attention.

Harley Hexxe

Quote from: MarshallJMP on May 31, 2024, 01:17:36 PMDid that to Dante's MT100, but it's hard to find those 4700µF/80V caps in an axial housing. Good thing ADA also have the holes to put in a snapin cap (even 2 in parallel). I got these from mouser, if you want I can get you the part number. Found a 4700µF/80V snapin that fits so no need to put in 2 2200µF caps  like it was intended.

Yes please, if you would get me the part numbers, I'll order them.

I am understandably nervous since I've never done this before, but I think I have all the right tools for it and they aren't going to fix themselves.

Dante

Quote from: Harley Hexxe on May 31, 2024, 02:06:56 PMI am understandably nervous since I've never done this before, but I think I have all the right tools for it and they aren't going to fix themselves.
Dood, if I can do it....

Harley Hexxe

Quote from: Dante on Today at 10:26:09 AM
Quote from: Harley Hexxe on May 31, 2024, 02:06:56 PMI am understandably nervous since I've never done this before, but I think I have all the right tools for it and they aren't going to fix themselves.
Dood, if I can do it....

That's the power transistors. MJMP did your caps, I'm going to be doing it all.

What I'm nervous about is screwing up traces on the PCB. Just like the caps, the PCB is old too.

MarshallJMP

Quote from: Harley Hexxe on May 31, 2024, 02:06:56 PM
Quote from: MarshallJMP on May 31, 2024, 01:17:36 PMDid that to Dante's MT100, but it's hard to find those 4700µF/80V caps in an axial housing. Good thing ADA also have the holes to put in a snapin cap (even 2 in parallel). I got these from mouser, if you want I can get you the part number. Found a 4700µF/80V snapin that fits so no need to put in 2 2200µF caps  like it was intended.

Yes please, if you would get me the part numbers, I'll order them.

I am understandably nervous since I've never done this before, but I think I have all the right tools for it and they aren't going to fix themselves.

Mouser 598-SLPX472M080H3P3