ADA Depot - A Forum To Support Users of ADA Amplification Gear

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Temp "Time Format" issue Fix in Discussions

Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13]   Go Down

Author Topic: ADA MP-1 Digital Modification  (Read 77245 times)

MarshallJMP

• Superhero Member
    • marshalljmpmodshop.net
Re: ADA MP-1 Digital Modification
« Reply #180 on: Time Format »

I figured out most bytes in the MB-1 except for a few.

Griphook

• Less is more? More is more!
« Reply #181 on: Time Format »

That MP-2 is insane!!
Depending on the Functins turned on/off, the Preset-Dump-Size changes.. No Idea, hot wo get through this without any documentation :dunno:

vansinn

« Reply #182 on: Time Format »

Wild shots from the hip:

Could it be that they simply use NULL terminated strings and parameters for the settings?

Lets assume Effect A has two variable parameters and one off/on switch.

With both numeric parameters defined and the switch set to On (here, defined as 01, while Off simply is left undefined and thus represented by the terminating NULL), the NULL terminated string could look like:
 56NULL23NULL01NULL
With the same two parameters defined as above, but the effect turned Off, it could look like:
 56NULL23NULLNULL
With one numeric parameter zero/neutral defined and the other value-defined, the NULL terminated string could look like:
 0NULL23NULL01NULL
With no parameters defined, the NULL terminated string could look like:
 either NULLNULLNULL or 0NULL0NULLNULL

The software would of course know how many of such effects/parameter strings to expect in total.
As such, they might not even have bothered adding some 'begin-string' identifier, nor any 'end-string' terminator, but simply le4t each sting begin after the former string's last parameter's (implicit) terminating NULL.

If it was indeed arranged like this, it can be readily observed that this would lead to a variable dump, size depending on what's defined and what's not.

Now, I'm not at all saying it's packed like this; I'm merely suggesting some odd possibilities..
How on earth, via which algorithm, the checksum is then calculated.. keine Ahnung..
« Last Edit: Time Format by vansinn »

Griphook

« Reply #183 on: Time Format »

Indeed, that is one possibility.

But I don't think, the algorithm for the checksum changes. A 0 or NULL does add Nothing to the actual Data-Sum; e.g.:
A0 + 12 + 0F is the same as A0 + 0 + 12 + NULL + 0F

But before getting to this, all bytes have to be figured out  O:-)

EDIT: I just needed to know that. Only on the "Hi Gain" - Voicings the OD is used, but this Parameter is also sent with the other Voicings --> The Other Voicings contain that information, even if they do not use it.
Nex thing I found out:
If the Compressors Threshold/Gain Values are over 63 (3F h), additional Bytes (41 h) are added. If the Values ar lower than 64 (40 h) , those bytes are missing. --> This is one reason, why the Dump size varies. Maybe it's the same thing with the other Parameters.

Do the Frequencies of te Graphic EQ alter, depending on the selected Voicing?

But still a long way to go..

« Last Edit: Time Format by Griphook »

rnolan

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
« Reply #184 on: Time Format »

Hey GH, no the graphic freq's stay the same regardless of voicing.

@MJMP, the other MB1 bytes may be for the CC# <> slot <> parameter mappings ?  These must also be part of a dump as they are patch specific, same in the MP2.
Studio Rig: Stuff; Live Rig: More Stuff; Guitars: A few

MarshallJMP

• Superhero Member
    • marshalljmpmodshop.net
« Reply #185 on: Time Format »

No don't think so ,I got some CC and slot info in the dump.

Griphook

« Reply #186 on: Time Format »

Maybe its the same thing as the MP-2. That some Bytes are added depending on the Paramater Value

Can you guys tell me, what the "slot" and "RealTimeMidi" mean? I ahve no Idea how to interprete those things :/

Harley Hexxe

• Superhero Member
« Reply #187 on: Time Format »

The Real Time MIDI reference in the MP-2 is ADA's way of saying Continuous Control. The Slot I believe, is the program parameters you are using the CC commands within a specific program.

That's how I interpreted that in the manual
I only have two brain cells left, ...and I'm saving them for the weekend!

rnolan

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
« Reply #188 on: Time Format »

Hey GH, have a read of the MB1 and MP2 manuals. There's an explanation I posted here http://adadepot.com/index.php?topic=1563.0
Slots are a means of mapping continuous controllers to patch parameters in a 1 to many relationship (Slots are really just a data type). So a controller (identified by its assigned CC#) can be assigned to control 1 (or more) parameters of the patch. But just to spin you out, in a given patch, you can assign a CC# to more than 1 slot (and thus its associated parameters), this is how the Macros work IIRC.
Studio Rig: Stuff; Live Rig: More Stuff; Guitars: A few
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13]   Go Up