ADA Depot - A Forum To Support Users of ADA Amplification Gear

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need a Schematic? Check the Vault *MP-1 Classic Schematics Just Added!!

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Now the Honeymoon is over  (Read 1676 times)

TTP

Now the Honeymoon is over
« on: Time Format »

And I have had my MB1 for a month, carried out the noise mod, resister change, battery replacement and general cleaning of pots etc, is it then the best pre-amp I`ve ever tried?
Well, I`ve had more or less them all, Aguilar 659, Glockenklang BassArt Classic etc etc but hands down - yes it is.
I have the deepest fattest rumble in one preset, and the cleanest most transparent yet balanced in another. And everything in between them in other presets.
Could have been handy with a tuner out, the power switch on the front, but those minor details I can definitely live with.
 :whoohoo!:

Dante

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
  • Nothing more uncommon than common sense
    • The Best Cover Band In Sacramento
Re: Now the Honeymoon is over
« Reply #1 on: Time Format »

I don't drive a Jeep because it rides smooth, I drive a Jeep because it gets me where I want to go...regardless of conditions.

Your MB-1 doesn't have all the bells and whistles of a modern rig, but it's a utilitarian vehicle to where you want to go....regardless of conditions ;)

Glad you're diggin it, now watch everybody else come talk to you after gigs to find out what you're running

rnolan

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
« Reply #2 on: Time Format »

MB-1's are awesome, I don't recall if you can do a CC button tuner mute  :dunno: but you can control the whole output via a CC expression pedal (and turn down to mute), and also change a bunch of other parameters including chorus and loop on/off via midi CC.
Studio Rig: Stuff; Live Rig: More Stuff; Guitars: A few

Peter H. Boer

• 2* MB-1 1*MP-1 + Jur's old Mod4Mk2
    • The Granny Attic
« Reply #3 on: Time Format »

is it then the best pre-amp I`ve ever tried?
Well, I`ve had more or less them all, Aguilar 659, Glockenklang BassArt Classic etc etc but hands down - yes it is.
Welcome to bassbliss  O0

Could have been handy with a tuner out, the power switch on the front, but those minor details I can definitely live with.
 :whoohoo!:
If you do not use one or both of the effects loops, you can attach a tuner to that, make a preset that has that loop engaged, do not connect the return, presto a silent tuner (the sends are always active the loop in/out is switched on the return).

:thumb-up:

Nothing beats MB-1s and MP-1s with MDRTs

http://www.thegrannyattic.com
http://www.Illumion.net
http://www.sote.nl
Pages: [1]   Go Up