ADA Depot - A Forum To Support Users of ADA Amplification Gear

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Lets get Technical > All Things Tube All about preamp and power amp Tubes.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Actition Midi Controllers  (Read 4709 times)

Hanneman213

Actition Midi Controllers
« on: Time Format »

It was really tiring to carry and load Big FCB Everywhere.And some pressing problems was happening in the stage frequently. After a short time of search in web, I've found this one. Its very small, compact, good looking, effective and built very strong. I needed just 4 banks, so its okay for me. Plus you can control 16 presets with this one. Also 8 buttoned version is available.
It's shipping from Hungary. I forwarded it to United Kingdom in 4 days. The owner is very communicative and helpful.

https://www.actition.co.uk/
ESP Standart V>ADA MP2>TC G Major2>ADA Ampulator>Rocktron Velocity>Mesa Rectifier1x12

vansinn

Re: Actition Midi Controllers
« Reply #1 on: Time Format »

Cool find, when limited functionality is required.
I assume you've bought the left-one on https://www.actition.co.uk/5pin-controllers

I didn't see specifications, capabilities, dimensions, weight..

Hanneman213

« Reply #2 on: Time Format »

You can click over the buttons or click over Ebay store at the bottom of the page. There are the specs.

Basically;
Dimensions:265x80mm , 0,42Kg
Power; (9-15V AC or DC) or supports phantom power on pin 1&3 or 6&7 (9-15V AC or DC).
ESP Standart V>ADA MP2>TC G Major2>ADA Ampulator>Rocktron Velocity>Mesa Rectifier1x12

rnolan

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
« Reply #3 on: Time Format »

Hey Hanneman213, yeh it will get you buy, but you have a MP2, something that can do/accept CC control midi messages which will give you many more options, the MP2 can be CC controlled in many ways with either expression pedals (output vol/wah etc) or just toggle buttons (e.g. chorus, loop, trem, mute etc on/of).
Studio Rig: Stuff; Live Rig: More Stuff; Guitars: A few

Hanneman213

« Reply #4 on: Time Format »

rnloan, Yes, I keep my chipped FCB 1010 in case of some different situations. 2 expression pedals are usefull for volume, whammy or even overdrive changes like at the end of Testament's - Ritual song (https://youtu.be/iqyvVeCCsGM?t=7m3s) I can't still adjust it exactly but almost... I know Alex Skolnick used ADA- MP2 for a while. He was my prior motivation to have this unit. I love this album's sound soo much.
(This is my Alex Skolnick solo intention with an old cell phone recording.)

https://goo.gl/8mjMJc

Chip Roberts

• Anything worth doing is worth overdoing.
    • Chip Roberts Official
« Reply #5 on: Time Format »

I was looking into these controllers when I started building my rig, let us know how your fare, I know we're all curious to hear your report.

I ended up going with a used Digitech unit and I remember my words being "I won't even need to move up a bank" lo and behold I join a tribute band that necessitates moving up banks  :facepalm:

To talk to the point on CC, I recently picked up the pink behemoth that is an ART X-15 floorboard.  Any idea how I can get this hooked up to toggle volume on my MP1?
Rack of Death:
MP1 v2.01/Roland GP8/Boss NS50/ADA B200s

Pedalboard:
Boss TU2, Mooer Pitchbox, Boss BF2, Boss CE5, MXR EVH Phase 90, Behringer HB01 Wah/ART X15 Ultrafoot/

Cabinet:
Custom 2X12 with WGS Retro 30/HM75

rnolan

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
« Reply #6 on: Time Format »

Unfortunately, the MP1 has no CC capability so you have to do it with patches (same tone but vary the master vol in each patch).  The way MikeB gets around this is by chaining (4CM) through his GMaj2 and using its CC master vol control.
Studio Rig: Stuff; Live Rig: More Stuff; Guitars: A few

Hanneman213

« Reply #7 on: Time Format »

Chip Roberts, I have two bands; One is a Slayer tribute band, The other is an 80's Hard Rock/Glam/Progresive songs covers band. I use one crunch, 2 leads with different delays and 1 clean tone with some chorus and delay. All is programmed into 4 banks with the combination of MP-2 and TC Gmajor 2. That's simply what I need in the stage. I don't love to use these units as pedalboards which most guitar players dance on with too much footworks.
This unit saved me from space both in stage and handling. Transition among banks really improved and The Switches are really effective you feel the ''click''.
« Last Edit: Time Format by Hanneman213 »
Pages: [1]   Go Up