ADA Depot - A Forum To Support Users of ADA Amplification Gear

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please note "Depot New Registrations Temporarily Suspended" Please see discussions for how to register.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Sideways swell pedal for left-right ping-pong?  (Read 6443 times)

vansinn

Never really used to ping-pong move the sound left-right, but sometimes been thinking about how to do it in a cool way.
Of course a regular swell pedal can be used; it's just not really intuitive swelling up'n'down for side-side..

Methinks the dual-action pedal in the Line6 HD5000 might be the perfect way of doing this.
Anyone know of pedals with such dual-action '3D' movements?

Would also be most cool for morphing other effects, like adding a flanging swirl to a long delay while intensifying the depth or repeats.

Griphook

• Less is more? More is more!

So you do want 2 independent volume pedals in one housing?
1 of them going uo/down the other one left/right?

Never heard of such a thing, but this provides a lot Space for imagination  ::)

I believe its very hard "reading" the actual postion because the Pedal needs a spheric base :dunno:

rnolan

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member

Maybe a joy stick and some gaph tape ?
Studio Rig: Stuff; Live Rig: More Stuff; Guitars: A few

vansinn

Maybe a joy stick and some gaph tape ?

..essentially a geeks version of the venerable proverbial JoyRider..

rnolan

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member

Hey Van, not familiar with the JoyRider (apart from kids who steal cars) and not much turned up on google ??

vansinn

Hey Van, not familiar with the JoyRider (apart from kids who steal cars) and not much turned up on google ??

Yeah, well, me and my mouthpiece :facepalm: - for just a split second my mind seems to have drifted towards the Sybian :amaze:

DorsetRatt

it's just not really intuitive swelling up'n'down for side-side.

A long delay while intensifying the depth or repeats.

... I can see why this drifted towards Sybian, would be great for a stage act if you could get your effects running through it :amaze:
Preamps: MP-1, MP-1 Classic, MP-2, Soldano SP-77, Piranha
Guitars: Sutch Siran Headless, Palm Bay Tidalwave, ESP M-1, Gibson Flying V

Several Species of Small Furry Animals Gathered Together in a Cave and Grooving with a Pict

vansinn

I need to learn to keep my mouthpiece shot.

Now, getting back on topic with the sideways pedaling..
I was thinking of an ordinary swell pedal, with an added sideways mechanism that has a positively felt mid point with a certain felt resistance, not too much, not too tight, when forcing it out sideways.
This resistance should likely be like what is felt when standing with full body weight and wiggling the foot under this weight; only, I'd now have my foot resting lightly on a pedal which would provide sortof the same felt [body weight] resistance.
Makes sense?

rnolan

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member

I have a vague recollection of a pedal that went sideways as well as up and down, can't remember what/when etc but I'm sure I came across it at some point. My quip earlier about using a joystick is basically what it needs to do though. How the physical mechanism would work...  :crazy:
Pages: [1]   Go Up