ADA Depot - A Forum To Support Users of ADA Amplification Gear

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please note "Depot New Registrations Temporarily Suspended" Please see discussions for how to register.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: What I have learned about the Behringer FCB1010  (Read 22239 times)

rabidgerry

• Superhero Member
  • HEAVY METAL
    • Rabid Bitch of the North band facebook
Re: What I have learned about the Behringer FCB1010
« Reply #15 on: Time Format »

I have one as well and got a eprom for it.

I have never used it.  It's overkill, but I haven't sold it because I feel some day I might need it.

What button fell off Mike?

I'm super careful with my shit so I can make even Behringer gear last a long time.  I really like their stuff if I'm honest.  I've had a mixer of theirs for like 8 years now.  No issues.

As for the FCB1010 I got some program for my PC to program it.  My intetention was to set it up all on PC and then use it after I had done that.

I never ended up using it.  In the future I think I may use a midi controller however I really would like a smaller version of this pedal, with same amount of CC changes.  Like a half size one, as this thing is huge.
"whadda ya want? we want Heavy Metal"

Guitars:1986 Westone Dimension IV, 1989 Korean Squier Fat Strat Silver Series, 1998 Korean Squier Fat Strat, MIM Fender Fat Strat - FR, Squier Stagemaster Deluxe - Thru Neck x 2, Squier Stagemaster 22 Fret - 1st Gen, 1999 Squier Showmaster - Anniversary Edition, Squier Showmaster, Tokai FV40 Flying V

Effects:  Ada Mp1, Peavey Rockmaster, Boss GX700 Boss SX700 * Amps:   Rocktron Velocity 300 - Koch ATR4502 - Peavey Classic 50/50
Cabs: 4 x Bugera 2 x 12"
Midi Controller: Behringer FCB1010

Dante

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
  • Nothing more uncommon than common sense
    • The Best Cover Band In Sacramento
« Reply #16 on: Time Format »

I downloaded the editing software for the Mac last night (Thank GOD there is one) but have not loaded it onto my machine yet. I can't wait to start messing with it.

I agree about the size of this thing, it's big. So what, just go down to Salvation Army and buy a cheap suitcase that it fits into. Use the rest of the case for your cords and you have a hardshell pedalboard and gig bag. I'm also thinking of looking for a small keyboard case.

rabidgerry

• Superhero Member
  • HEAVY METAL
« Reply #17 on: Time Format »

I know I know, but one more thing to carry with no road crew is a pain in the balls (arms really  :lol: )

However, if I switched to midi I would ditch the boss gt5, meaning no floor unit, meaning the fcb1010 would then become my floor unit controller.

But where would my effects come from?  Well I'd use my Boss GX700 (which is currently not in use) in the rack instead with MP1 or Rockmaster as my main pre.

Not ready for that change yet, one thing at a time  8)

Guitars:1986 Westone Dimension IV, 1989 Korean Squier Fat Strat Silver Series, 1998 Korean Squier Fat Strat, MIM Fender Fat Strat - FR, Squier Stagemaster Deluxe - Thru Neck x 2, Squier Stagemaster 22 Fret - 1st Gen, 1999 Squier Showmaster - Anniversary Edition, Squier Showmaster, Tokai FV40 Flying V

Effects:  Ada Mp1, Peavey Rockmaster, Boss GX700 Boss SX700 * Amps:   Rocktron Velocity 300 - Koch ATR4502 - Peavey Classic 50/50

MikeB

« Reply #18 on: Time Format »

I can't remember exactly which button it was. It didn't fall off, the plastic spring retainer behind it broke. So it didn't pop back up again.  That's the thing that shits me about it: thin plastic sitting behind a switch designed to be stepped  on!  Some of the switches have metal bracing, but not all. The guy who fixed it for me put in some metal bracing on some of the ones that didn't have it.
SKB has a case for this thing but no one in Australia stocks it.  By the time i add postage, i might as well just buy a spare unit. I like the old suitcase idea.
The software is the only way to go when programming this thing.
At some point in the future i will do the Phantom power mod. Now, i have the power lead cable tied to the midi cable.
I don't feel tardy!

rnolan

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
« Reply #19 on: Time Format »

Hey RG (Not ready for that change yet, one thing at a time), you'll like it when you do  :thumb-up: A good transition though (IMHO) would be go with a MC1 or MXC (much better layout BTW) (both phantom power from MP1 (best idea since sliced bread)) and map it how I used to, then complicate it all with the FCB options (if you needed to). Then all you need is 1 power lead into your rack which I'd proffer you could easily squeeze down to 4 RU (MP1, Multi FX unit, either 1RU (say Carvin DCM 200L) or 2 RU (say B200s) poweramp). Carvin DCM gives you a spare RU for say peterson strobe tuner ? or 1RU mixer (to combine FX properly in parallel e.g. the Alesis 8 ch) or  :facepalm: wireless receiver ( = noise gate).
Studio Rig: Stuff; Live Rig: More Stuff; Guitars: A few

rabidgerry

• Superhero Member
  • HEAVY METAL
« Reply #20 on: Time Format »

whats an MC1?

Dante

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
« Reply #21 on: Time Format »

whats an MC1?
It's the original ADA midi footswitch, which had one LOONG row of buttons, rather than the stacked two row config of the FCB1010 and the MXC.

What you described is exactly my setup, GX-700 in the rack with the preamp. Just a pedal on the floor. However, you could use your GT5 as a footswitch too. A little clunky, but it would work.

Soloist

• Take No Prisoners...Take No Sh!t
« Reply #22 on: Time Format »

I had an MC-1 up until a few months ago, sold it and bought a ground control pro. The ground control rocks, my only complaint is it doesn't have the vol/wah pedals on it like the FCB1010 does.
Live Rig:
Fractal Audio FM3 ver 1.06
Boss GT 100 ver.2.11
Switching- Radial Engineering Big Shot I/O v2 - Radial Engineering Pro D2 Stereo Direct Box
Power - Live Wire Power Conditioning Distribution System
Monitors  - (2) FRFR-112 Headrush Stage monitors
Axes - Charvel So Cal Pro Mod-Jackson DK2MQ Pro-Jackson USA Soloist-Ibanez RG3XXV
ADA gear: MP1- MP2 - MT200
Studio gear- way too much to list.

rabidgerry

• Superhero Member
  • HEAVY METAL
« Reply #23 on: Time Format »

whats an MC1?
It's the original ADA midi footswitch, which had one LOONG row of buttons, rather than the stacked two row config of the FCB1010 and the MXC.

What you described is exactly my setup, GX-700 in the rack with the preamp. Just a pedal on the floor. However, you could use your GT5 as a footswitch too. A little clunky, but it would work.

I know man I've saw the pics.  GX700 is a great unit.  I just hate that it doesn't have the extra notch in the EQ.  The GT5 does and the Roland GP100 does as well.

I can use my GT5 as a midi controller?  Hmmm I never even thought I could.

MarshallJMP

• Superhero Member
    • marshalljmpmodshop.net
« Reply #24 on: Time Format »

You can use the gt5 as a midi controller!

rabidgerry

• Superhero Member
  • HEAVY METAL
« Reply #25 on: Time Format »

I kinda new this but it just didn't occur to me.

I also had no idea it was able to control as much it though.  It seems like the most complicated thing in the entire world though.  I read the manual yesterday.  Not sure if the way I program my patches on the GT5 would work well with what it does though.  I dunno if it allows me to switch banks/patches on the mp1 only whilst leaving the patch say on my GT5 where it is.  You'd nee dto sync everything up, patch for patch on both units.

Dante

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
« Reply #26 on: Time Format »

Sorry to bump this ol' thread, but I just sold my FCB1010 for $100, and found a Boss GT-8 for the same price  :thumb-up:
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up