ADA Depot - A Forum To Support Users of ADA Amplification Gear

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please note "Depot New Registrations Temporarily Suspended" Please see discussions for how to register.

Pages: 1 ... 41 42 [43] 44 45   Go Down

Author Topic: what are you listening to this week?  (Read 237485 times)

Dante

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
  • Nothing more uncommon than common sense
    • The Best Cover Band In Sacramento
Re: what are you listening to this week?
« Reply #630 on: Time Format »

Believe it or not....we are supposed to be playing a gig this Friday night. We'll see. The Governor is closing counties left & right. If we play, we gonna play this song, it's what I'm listening to

Zilthy

• My Youtube Channel
« Reply #631 on: Time Format »

AC/DC - Back in Black

I've loved this album for a long time, but never really tried to play much.  When I realized this week was it's 40th anniversary, I started really digging in to it, and jamming along with it every night.  I really need to and should take the time to get it all, I've just been turning it on and jamming a long with it.  It's so fun, and infectious that I'm finding it hard to want to do a 'clinical' study of it.  I should, it is worthy of it.  But it's just too damned fun to crank it up and play along with it.   But I've been cranking it up on the stereo, and trying my best to follow along on my guitar, bass and drums.

Here is to one of the greatest rock albums of all time.

And just how in the frack does one embed a video?
« Last Edit: Time Format by Kim »

rnolan

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
« Reply #632 on: Time Format »

Hey Zilthy, great choice  :thumb-up: , so I was 20 when it came out, the years fly by...  apparently the songs were written before Bon Scott died and he was really looking forward to recording them, RIP Bon  :facepalm: .  It certainly set them up in a new direction.  I don't think there's a bad song on that record.  Kim told me how to do the embedding thing ages ago (which I promptly forgot LoL), I think you use the Insert Hyperlink button (just under the Italicize Button)  :dunno:
« Last Edit: Time Format by rnolan »
Studio Rig: Stuff; Live Rig: More Stuff; Guitars: A few

rabidgerry

• Superhero Member
  • HEAVY METAL
    • Rabid Bitch of the North band facebook
« Reply #633 on: Time Format »

Oh hell yeah it's amazing album for sure.

But do you know what?

It's so over played now I barely ever listen to this album.  That is a shame as I do like it a lot but I can't stick that on regularly. 

Last ACDC binge I had was the Bon Scott era and then I stopped.

The ACDC album I play the most and is also my favourite..........................the album virtually everyone I know hates except Richard and of few of my friends..........the much maligned FLY ON THE WALL!!

I was trapped!!  Like a Fly on the wall!!!  This album is good times captured on a record!!

"whadda ya want? we want Heavy Metal"

Guitars:1986 Westone Dimension IV, 1989 Korean Squier Fat Strat Silver Series, 1998 Korean Squier Fat Strat, MIM Fender Fat Strat - FR, Squier Stagemaster Deluxe - Thru Neck x 2, Squier Stagemaster 22 Fret - 1st Gen, 1999 Squier Showmaster - Anniversary Edition, Squier Showmaster, Tokai FV40 Flying V

Effects:  Ada Mp1, Peavey Rockmaster, Boss GX700 Boss SX700 * Amps:   Rocktron Velocity 300 - Koch ATR4502 - Peavey Classic 50/50
Cabs: 4 x Bugera 2 x 12"
Midi Controller: Behringer FCB1010

Kim

• Administrator
  • If it's too Loud...you're gonna get more of THAT.
« Reply #634 on: Time Format »

And just how in the frack does one embed a video?

I edited that for you Sasha.  :wave:   Now just click Quote on your post and then you'll see what the code looks like.   (If I simply type the code in this post, it won't show the code but run it instead)

rabidgerry

• Superhero Member
  • HEAVY METAL
« Reply #635 on: Time Format »

For any NWOBHM fans out there who know off Neat Records and how significant there were for many great nwobhm bands.

Guitars:1986 Westone Dimension IV, 1989 Korean Squier Fat Strat Silver Series, 1998 Korean Squier Fat Strat, MIM Fender Fat Strat - FR, Squier Stagemaster Deluxe - Thru Neck x 2, Squier Stagemaster 22 Fret - 1st Gen, 1999 Squier Showmaster - Anniversary Edition, Squier Showmaster, Tokai FV40 Flying V

Effects:  Ada Mp1, Peavey Rockmaster, Boss GX700 Boss SX700 * Amps:   Rocktron Velocity 300 - Koch ATR4502 - Peavey Classic 50/50

Damn-Danny

• be yourself , never copy someone else!!!!
« Reply #636 on: Time Format »

Listen to first whole album by Mercyful Fate - Melissa.
Ormsby Hyper GTR 6 string
Ormsby RC One   6 Orange Marbles
SKG    Anubis (halve step down)
Bo-el   MC 6
Robin guitar  Raider USA (D Standard)
ADA 3TM mp1
ADA Ampulator
ADA GCS 6
Ada mp2  (working now)
Yerasove Detonator - P (for sale)
Yamaha SPX 900
Marshall 8008 Valvestate
Peavey  6505MH
Rane mpe 28
EVH 5150II Lbx 
Pro Tone Gary Holt signature boost
Pro Tone Jeff Loomis signature OD
Boss OD2
TC Electronic Sentry noise gate
Bugera 333XL infinium (died on me)

rabidgerry

• Superhero Member
  • HEAVY METAL
« Reply #637 on: Time Format »

oops forgot the link

MarshallJMP

• Superhero Member
    • marshalljmpmodshop.net
« Reply #638 on: Time Format »

Got a lot of Neat records bands in my collection  :thumb-up:

rnolan

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
« Reply #639 on: Time Format »

The ACDC album I play the most and is also my favourite..........................the album virtually everyone I know hates except Richard and of few of my friends..........the much maligned FLY ON THE WALL!!Cranked this up in my car the other day (it has some whoopy Harman Karden sound system), first time I'd ever cranked the car stereo, great record, sounded awesome.  We had a band jam a couple of weeks ago and I started playing the intro to FoTW (just came into my head), singer said what's that so maybe we'll learn it  :dunno: , Sink the Pink is my next fav song...
Studio Rig: Stuff; Live Rig: More Stuff; Guitars: A few

rabidgerry

• Superhero Member
  • HEAVY METAL
« Reply #640 on: Time Format »

The ACDC album I play the most and is also my favourite..........................the album virtually everyone I know hates except Richard and of few of my friends..........the much maligned FLY ON THE WALL!!Cranked this up in my car the other day (it has some whoopy Harman Karden sound system), first time I'd ever cranked the car stereo, great record, sounded awesome.  We had a band jam a couple of weeks ago and I started playing the intro to FoTW (just came into my head), singer said what's that so maybe we'll learn it  :dunno: , Sink the Pink is my next fav song...

Yeah it's generally thought off as one of their not so good albums.  For me it's my fav.  The sound is defo their heaviest guitar tone on record.  Also if you are a fan of Maximum Overdrive the movie then you will be treated with most of that album played throughout he film on the sound track.  The movie is regarded as bad, but myself and my friends genuinely love it.  Also love Blow up Your Video!

rabidgerry

• Superhero Member
  • HEAVY METAL
« Reply #641 on: Time Format »

So good, may be even better than back in the he 80s!  They put a lot of older bands still around to shame with their speed + energy and not only that, nailing the performance.

Peter H. Boer

• 2* MB-1 1*MP-1 + Jur's old Mod4Mk2
    • The Granny Attic
« Reply #642 on: Time Format »

Nothing beats MB-1s and MP-1s with MDRTs

http://www.thegrannyattic.com
http://www.Illumion.net
http://www.sote.nl

Dante

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
  • Nothing more uncommon than common sense
    • The Best Cover Band In Sacramento
« Reply #643 on: Time Format »

Christmas carols...NONSTOP

'tis the season :dancingsanta:  :banana-santa:
« Last Edit: Time Format by Dante »

Peter H. Boer

• 2* MB-1 1*MP-1 + Jur's old Mod4Mk2
    • The Granny Attic
« Reply #644 on: Time Format »

Christmas carols...NONSTOP

'tis the season :dancingsanta:  :banana-santa:

Well then, you should do it in style with: Panzerballett's "X-mas Death Jazz", it's very addictive  :bow: :bow: :bow:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FLlzX0DObCY
Nothing beats MB-1s and MP-1s with MDRTs

http://www.thegrannyattic.com
http://www.Illumion.net
http://www.sote.nl
Pages: 1 ... 41 42 [43] 44 45   Go Up