• Welcome to ADA Depot - A Forum To Support Users of ADA Amplification Gear.

No chorus and distorted SS voicing after noise mod

Started by Moulashaker, June 10, 2024, 10:36:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Moulashaker

Thanks for the info. I'll check after work tomorrow as I need to head to bed!

Once again, many thanks for taking the time to help me.

Andy

MarshallJMP

Gregg

Maybe not relevant to your unit, but I had a bridge rectifier for the 5V rail become intermittent on one of the MP-2's I fixed for my brother.  Caused a bunch of strange issues including periodic rebooting.

Gregg

Moulashaker

These are the regulators by the heatsink. Those brown disc-shaped components. Seemed to have a bit of crusty stuff beneath them. I've cleaned with a cotton bud and IPA.

Will play for a while and see how it goes. The 5V measured at pin 14 of the two chips I replaced is almost exact right now.

Moulashaker

The tantalum cap doesn't seem burnt. Just looks like residual paint from the stamp on the side of it.

Moulashaker

It's been on over an hour now and no issues. I'm gonna leave it switched on until I go to bed and keep my fingers crossed!🤞🏼

I'll report back tomorrow but many, many thanks to all those who took the time to give me advice! MarshallJMP in particular, of course!

Andy

Gregg

If you are still having problems, you might want to consider checking / replacing the diodes that I have outlined as they rectify the AC into DC and feed the 5V regulators.  Per the schematic you care about 2 1N4001 diodes that should be labeled D38 - D39 if I am reading the schematic correctly.  The 2nd from the right in the picture seems to have flux on it so there may have been issues there in the past.  Not a great scan, but better than flying blind.

Gregg