• Welcome to ADA Depot - A Forum To Support Users of ADA Amplification Gear.

News:

Let us never forget our beloved founder - RIP Jurrie, we all miss you very much

Main Menu

Dante's Rig(s)

Started by Dante, February 07, 2023, 11:38:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dante

I'm following Kim's lead here, using a link to this post in my signature instead of having all that garbage at the bottom of each and every post

ADA Gear
Preamps: MP-1 Classic, MP-2
Power Amps: Microtube MT-200, MicroTube 100
Pedals: MXC control switch with Quad switch and CC pedal

Gig Rig (wait 10 minutes, it'll change)
Hughes & Kettner Grandmeister 40 Deluxe head into two Yamaha 1x12 cabs. I use a Boss MS-3 for effects and as a midi footswitch for the amp.

When I have enough room onstage, I bring the H&K stack and my H&K Switchblade 50 combo and run them on either side of the stage in stereo  :metal:

Backup rigs: Hughes & Kettner Switchblade 50 combo, and a Peavey Classic 20 Mini Head with matching tweed oversized 1x12 cab (this amp rocks) - each uses the Boss MS-3 for effects and switching

DannyjoeCarter

Quote from: Dante on February 07, 2023, 11:38:43 AM
I'm following Kim's lead here, using a link to this post in my signature instead of having all that garbage at the bottom of each and every post

ADA Gear
Preamps: MP-1 Classic, MP-2
Power Amps: Microtube MT-200, MicroFET
Pedals: MXC control switch with Quad switch and CC pedal

Gig Rig (wait 10 minutes, it'll change)
Hughes & Kettner Grandmeister 40 Deluxe head into two Yamaha 1x12 cabs. I use a Boss MS-3 for effects and as a midi footswitch for the amp.

Backup rigs: Peavey Classic 20 Mini Head with matching tweed oversized 1x12 cab (this amp rocks), Hughes & Kettner Switchblade 50 combo

Great setup dante! I remember the microtube being a pretty sweet little preamp, but I don't remember if you can run to 412's off it?
Owner of DeJayce Guitars
www.dejayce-guitars.com
www.youtube.com/dannyjoecarter
www.Faceb**k.com/dannyjoe.carter

Dante

Sorry man, I guess I didn't see your message there ....Hell yeah, the Microtube can power 4x12s! Shoot, my Peavey sounds great through one too  :lol:

The Microtube is a power amp, not a preamp, btw

Dante

Pedalboard & Signal chain: It looks complicated, and I admit I had some extra time when I did this, but it's pretty straight forward. See the attached diagram below, here's an explanation;

The Boss MS-3 runs/controls everything. All FX (except a couple pedals) are in there, and all external stuff runs through it somehow...It has 3 loops

Loop 1: Outboard effects (Wah pedal, Octaver & Mojomojo OD)
Loop 2: Amp (via 4 Cable Method)
Loop 3: not used

Notice I have the stomp boxes before the amp, and I have another loop available if I want anything after the amp, but before my stereo delay pedal....

When the signal leaves the MS-3, each output runs into the Echolution 3 L/R. That signal runs out to the amps for each side;
Side A: to the FX RETURN of the main preamp I'm using
Side B: Into the FX RETURN of the amp I'm using as a slave (bypasses the preamp, just uses the power amp this way)

Harley Hexxe

That's pretty cool how you did that layout!

It looks like you photographed your gear and cut and pasted it to a clipboard, then connected all your lines somehow. Nice work!
I only have two brain cells left, ...and I'm saving them for the weekend!