ADA Depot - A Forum To Support Users of ADA Amplification Gear

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please note "Depot New Registrations Temporarily Suspended" Please see discussions for how to register.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Instrument Input (Front)  (Read 563 times)

bognerfish

Instrument Input (Front)
« on: Time Format »

Hi, does anyone know where to buy the front instrument input for the ADA-MP1? Mine works, but is a bit loose, and I have read this is a common problem with these units.

http://www.marshalljmpmodshop.net/ has none in stock
I know that he also sell's a mod to convert the rear input from line to instrument, but I would be happy for now to just get the front input fixed or replace.

Thanks.

rnolan

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
Re: Instrument Input (Front)
« Reply #1 on: Time Format »

Hey Gerry, I think those are pretty hard to find (unless someone has a spare).  IIRC they mount to the PCB.  Given that it's the one part of the MP-1 that takes allot of ware and tear, I reckon it's a better idea to do the rear jack mod as that replaces the front jack with a standard (longer thread variant) socket, which can easily be replaced in the future.  Maybe someone who's done the rear jack mod has the original in ok condition they could let you have?
Studio Rig: Stuff; Live Rig: More Stuff; Guitars: A few

bognerfish

« Reply #2 on: Time Format »

I will go with the rear mod then- thanks again for your advice

rnolan

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
« Reply #3 on: Time Format »

No worries  :thumb-up: , IIRC the most fiddly part of the mod, and where it helps having another pair of hands (I helped MikeB do it) to gently leaver the back mounting plate away enough at the corner to get the new rear jack socket located, which is how we did it.  Otherwise you have to undo all the rear connectors (quite a few) from the back plate so the whole back plate comes away, and then re-assemble them all, tidier but takes much longer.  Upside is once it's done, replacing the front jack should you need to in the future is easy, just have to make sure you source the long collar switchcraft (or equivalent) jack socket so it handles the addition thickness of the MP-1 front panel. The front jack IIRC is a switchcraft L12A (well it is for MP-2 and I assume the same for MP-1).
Studio Rig: Stuff; Live Rig: More Stuff; Guitars: A few
Pages: [1]   Go Up